Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Kits, Old builds,.....From my early adult period

traditional

These are some of my old builds from the '70s and '80s when I was just getting back to building models again, after a few years of restoring and working on full size cars as a hobby......Now, I really enjoy both hobbies.

The models were mostly built from original old Johan kits, with a few disassembled and refinished original Ex-Cell (Sp?) Johan 'repops' thrown in as well.

Back then I painted with a Binks airbrush and typically mixed Testors paints to suit my needs. The trim was either masked and sprayed with Pactra 'chrome silver' (much better than Testors at that time) or else I used 'muffler repair foil' for simple or straight trim......something that I still prefer today over 'bare metal foil' for basic trim since it seldom looks 'wrinkly'.

Although these relatively simple models are all quite old builds and, other than a few minor tweaks, are basically built box-stock, they still appeal to me after all this time and they've stayed in great condition thanks to individual display cases.

P6030026.jpg

P6030027-1.jpg

P6040078.jpg

P6040079-1.jpgP6030042.jpg

P6030043.jpg

P6030038-1.jpg

P6030041.jpg

P6030028.jpg

P6030029-1.jpg