Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do people even think anymore

If I only had a dollar for every non-Buick I've seen with stick-on fender portholes...$$$$$$$ :) :) :D:lol:

I'm sure every city has its share of automotive ignoranti. Whoever created those Buick-esque portholes has made a fortune in the Dallas area alone. I've seen them on everything from '80s Lincolns to camo-painted Hummers.

Here are a couple of my funniest memories of I-have-to-stick-something-on-my-car owners I've encountered:

1) A riced-out Solara with Honda VTEC badges on the fenders. Owner had no idea why people were laughing.

2) An '83 T-bird whose owner tried to create Duesenberg-type fender exhaust pipes using flexible metal conduit.

district9_d9_coolermaster_840_casemod_mnpctech.com_paint9b.jpg

I dunno, the choices just seem too deliberate, like a theme build or something. Does it look like a play off anything you've seen in pop culture? Transformers? Starship Troopers? Anime? Any story behind it? ???

Edited by Lunajammer

I stand by my statement of more money than brains. That thing is horrid!

Something tells me he wouldn't have anything to worry about during a Zombie Appacolyps........they'd take one look at that abomination and look elseware for brains to eat................

If it is a lease, I would loved to be there when the car gets turned in to see the look on the dealers face, and hear the questions that are asked :lol:

I've got the distinct feeling that we may not have to be there to hear that reaction :P

Quoting Joe Handley:

"Something tells me he wouldn't have anything to worry about during a Zombie Appacolyps........they'd take one look at that abomination and look elseware for brains to eat................"

So far I think that's the best response.

This is kinda what happens when someone with no clue as to how things actually work, and no interest in finding out, decides to make something similar to something else he's seen. There's a story about some isolated Pacific Islanders many years ago who made an airplane out of rocks and assorted detritus, more-or-less arranged in the shape of an airplane, then wondered why it wouldn't fly.

A little of the same thing going on here, I believe.

Or maybe WE'RE all the ignorant ones, and this is really a secret-secret car being readied for the also secret-secret Subterranean and Underwater Daytona to Yokahama Race.

The one on the trunk, or the one on the back window?

Obviously you know nothing about engineering. Those two work together! I bet they create an extra 50 hp!

Then add the extra power those tube thingies in the fenders add, and this thing can really fly! :lol:

If I only had a dollar for every non-Buick I've seen with stick-on fender portholes...$$$$$$$ :) :) :D:lol:

On this car, they are speedholes... make it go faster.

If it is a lease, I would loved to be there when the car gets turned in to see the look on the dealers face, and hear the questions that are asked :lol:

Too old to be a lease, I would think..

Wow! So that's what a 1:1 glue bomb looks like! :lol:

Best comment so far, and somewhat along the lines of what I was thinking.

I was also wondering if that handicapped plate might have something to do, but decided that would simply be too cruel (to other handicapped people) to go there.

Charlie Larkin

It's a student exercise at a design studio.

The object of the exercise was to see how many wrong, tacky, ugly, and plain useless things they could stuff onto or into the one vehicle.

At the conclusion they were told to design the complete opposite for real world designs.