Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Pontiac Ventura

Volvoman

Hi there folks, my name is Mark and I am all new to this forum. I have been dropping by from time to time but have now decided to join you all and show you some of my stuff. I thought I would start the ball rolling with one of my recent builds, my Pontiac Ventura.

This was offered to me by a friend who had acquired it by a kit collection he had bought but he couldnt sell it on because it had missing parts so he offered it to me for spares. It turns out that the missing parts were a set of tyres which I had plenty of in my spares box so I set about putting it together. Being an old MPC kit, it did fight me a little bit but I was quite pleased with the end result. The paint is Tamiya TS 60 pearl green metallic which is a very close colour to another Ventura that I found pictures of whilst looking for reference material.

2012-02-28200511.jpg

2012-02-28200532.jpg

2012-02-28200556.jpg

2012-02-28200635.jpg

2012-02-28200712.jpg

2012-02-28200857.jpg

2012-02-28201011.jpg

2012-02-28201047.jpg

Hopefully these pictures are ok and all questions and comments are welcome.

Thanks very much guys for all the positive comments and the kind words, they are all very much appreciated. I have been posting on another forum site which is where some of you may have seen my builds before. I do have plenty more to share with you all but I will post as and when I can; I don't want to bore you all with too much ,too soon. Thanks again for all your comments.