Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '70 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda 2'n1

Right there;

869631DSC01912.jpg

Bruno....just got a chance to look at my completed builds, and just as you said (and you show above), there it is. I don't recall this being in 1/1 scale factory stock 'cudas....does anyone else remember this to be the case?

Otherwise, I can't think of any reason why this hole would be there....unless.....could it be intended as a mounting point for a component on some future version of the kit. Like maybe an Accel ignition spark module or Cool Can that you would see in a future Pro Stock or Super Stock version of the tool. Or some part related to a road racing version of some kind????

Anyway, belated kudos to you for pointing this out.

TIM

PS - that's a very sharp looking 'cuda build you have there....TB

Edited by tim boyd

Bruno....just got a chance to look at my completed builds, and just as you said (and you show above), there it is. I don't recall this being in 1/1 scale factory stock 'cudas....does anyone else remember this to be the case?

Otherwise, I can't think of any reason why this hole would be there....unless.....it is intended as a mounting point for a component on a future version of the kit. Like maybe an Accel ignition spark module or Cool Can that you would see in a future Pro Stock or Super Stock version of the tool????

Something like this--the blue thingy?

mopp_1010_16_o%2Bsox_and_martin%2B1970_c

I know nothing goes there on a stock 1:1 'Cuda.

Like you said, maybe it's intended as a mounting point for a component on some future version of the kit.

It's nothing major here, just to let people know to fill this hole when building a factory stock 'Cuda :)

Edited by Bruno

That pretty much confirms the next version of this kit. Nice work detectives.

Pretty much confirms why the lack of the Hooker exhaust extractors.

These "aftermarket" exhaust headers have pretty much been in ALL releases of the Mopar subject from Revell for some time. :( Now they are not.

I'd have thought they would be a "given", seeing that they included parts for a "Street Machine"?

Never the less, IF they come in a more Hi-Po version (drag car related), that's fine. :)

Yeah the chrome thing is a bit disturbing, my 'cuda was fine, and other recent Revell kits I bought were as well, but I got hit with spotty chrome on the Merc Wagon.

Maybe best to wait a couple months so all the bad ones in the supply chain get used up. The first production run of a new kit is usually a lot smaller than a normal run, just in case they need to go back and fix things they don't flood the market with too many bad ones.

That's exactly what I'm going to do. Between this kit's little teething problems and the fact that there are quite a few other kits I'd like to get more than this one, I'm in no big rush to get one anyway. :)

A bigger box means fewer kits in shipping boxes, fewer in the container = higher price per unit.

Maybe they could design a two part decal sheet, one with everything but the long stripes and one with just the stripes, they can insert the last one diagonally in the box so it won't bend.

Just my 2 cents....

;^)

That would absolutely help to cure the kinked decal sheet problem, but still wouldn't fix the distorted parts. I do like that idea though, it would be one less thing to worry about.

A bigger box means fewer kits in shipping boxes, fewer in the container = higher price per unit.

Maybe they could design a two part decal sheet, one with everything but the long stripes and one with just the stripes, they can insert the last one diagonally in the box so it won't bend.

Just my 2 cents....

;^)

DSC_0345-vi.jpg

Anyway, got my kit this past Monday, opened it today and seems I was assuming the decal sheet was bigger then the box, which it isn't.

Haven't checked it fully yet, maybe do it this coming weekend, but do have this feeling that the wages in China are on the rise...

Well, my decals must've been packed ok, they arrived flat at the bottom of the box. :)

Having had a good chance to very thoroughly go through all the bits and pieces now, I did however find some minor issues with parts. :(

One hood was poorly molded, along the rear edge it had some indents, almost like they were running low on plastic and it didn't fill the mold?? It was also severely warped. :(

I tried to straighten it but as my luck goes, I over tweaked.........S N A P!! And guess which hood it was....yep, the shaker. :angry:

Other than not being overly fond of the option wheels (yuk!) I'm pretty stoked with the rest of the kit. B) I can see at least one more in the future......

Or, wait and see if they bring out an AAR version. :D

Well, my decals must've been packed ok, they arrived flat at the bottom of the box. :)

That's probably due to your kit having to travel a further distance :lol:

Having had a good chance to very thoroughly go through all the bits and pieces now, I did however find some minor issues with parts. :(

One hood was poorly molded, along the rear edge it had some indents, almost like they were running low on plastic and it didn't fill the mold?? It was also severely warped. :(

I tried to straighten it but as my luck goes, I over tweaked.........S N A P!! And guess which hood it was....yep, the shaker. :angry:

If I remember correctly , the Shaker was an option on the 1970 model , regardless of what-ever engine is ordered .

Other than not being overly fond of the option wheels (yuk!) I'm pretty stoked with the rest of the kit. B) I can see at least one more in the future......

Or, wait and see if they bring out an AAR version. :D

The optional 'custom' tyres and wheels would actually be a nice addition to an 80's car . I'm thinking of applying them to my MPC 1984 Corvette ; just have to find some suitable brake rotors / calipres :)

If I remember correctly , the Shaker was an option on the 1970 model , regardless of what-ever engine is ordered .

Shaker hood was standard equipment with the Hemi.

Shaker hood was standard equipment with the Hemi.

Brett is correct on this. Personally, I didn't remember this to be the case.

But when I started going through my stockpiled research material in anticipation of receiving my preview sample from Revell, I quickly found that the standard Shaker Hood for '70 Hemi 'cudas is one fact that they all (!) agreed on. TB

I think these images say a lot in reference to the lines between the real and model. To tell you the truth, this model looks more like a 68 Camaro than a 'Cuda. The model is from a good friend of mine.

The picture of the model is distorted due to a short focal length and distance to the camera - see how the opposite side showing through the window and the front fender show up more? So, not a great comparison.

A member on the board did a pretty close overlay of the kit and a side view pic, and most of the contours are very close. The front and rear are a little stubby (and that depends on which photo - one shows the front dead on, another a little short) and the roof slants a bit too much, but overall, from the front of the hood to the back of the trunk, it's very close.