Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I bought a Monogram Pro modeller 40 Ford convertible for £20 off them at the ipms show, the cheapest I'd seen online and eBay was at least double that 

I was pleased to get the johan olds starfire for 25 quid. I'd love to get to one of the shows they go to but they're all too far away for me. I like that a lot of the kits they have are not very common so I'll be buying again. I got a couple of plymouth cop cars from them last month for 35 each which didn't seem too bad for unusual kits (at least on this side of the pond)

It was last Saturday that I bought the Tamiya Porsche 934 Vaillant version on clearance from local hobby shop for $39. I already have some of the special Tamiya color for it (and I can get more) so I can build it as a companion for the Tamiya 1/20 scale 935 that I have in my stash.

I don't think I've ever had a transatlantic parcel delivered so fast. I ordered this through Amazon UK from Mitros Toys in New Jersey on the 25 January and it came today the 31 January! As soon as I opened the packaging I started to laugh, what silly box art work! I don't normally save the box top art, but as this is by far the funniest I'll pin it on the wall of my cabin where I do all of my modelling!

1a_zps2sqkdydp.jpg

I did ask before I bought it what scale it was but it's not anywhere on the box, but I'm pleased because it is quite big and lends to a bit of detail work!

•  

Edited by PatW

Wow, that's quite a haul Tommy.  You should be kept busy with all of those for a while.

Most of them will need some sort of fix,only kit that is close to mint is the early 70s Toronado. 

I dont have pockets for mint kit`s and there is also some joy to repair these old junkers.

I don't think I've ever had a transatlantic parcel delivered so fast. I ordered this through Amazon UK from Mitros Toys in New Jersey on the 25 January and it came today the 31 January! As soon as I opened the packaging I started to laugh, what silly box art work! I don't normally save the box top art, but as this is by far the funniest I'll pin it on the wall of my cabin where I do all of my modelling!

1a_zps2sqkdydp.jpg

I did ask before I bought it what scale it was but it's not anywhere on the box, but I'm pleased because it is quite big and lends to a bit of detail work!

•  

Cant wait to see you build this!!!!  Next??!!

1a_zps2sqkdydp.jpg

•  

I built that crazy thing last year. Fun little kit.

Well, got it more like a month ago, but my wife bought me the AMT Flying Wedge dragster for Christmas/post surgery off of Amazon. Haven't gotten it opened yet as I just haven't felt up to building anything, but maybe soon. I'd like about 10 more of them, but then that is the case for a lot of the models I have.

Russ

Nice!, any pics yet?, I've been toying around with scratchbuilding a hot-rodded version of the milk lorry's you use to have over there  -like in the 1990's.

Nothing yet Dann, It's taking a lot of measuring, lengthening a chassis, plasticard checking to see that I have enough. Having recently, over the weekend losing an auction for a Sandpiper kit, ( that went for over $100) similar to the Surf Woody, I'm thinking of scratchbuilding one of those! Busy time! And of course producing more woodgrain decals for the  Silly Surfers one.

They been avaliable for years. The problem has been condition and/or price did justify it,but here it did.

Thanks to a tip from a fellow norwegian modeler i went ahead and got them. Thanks Stian.

Today i got a notification in the postbox that one of my Modelhaus orders arrived,very excited. (Not so much to pay the custom fees)

Edited by om617

They been avaliable for years. The problem has been condition and/or price did justify it,but here it did.

Thanks to a tip from a feelow norwegian modeler i went ahead and got them. Thanks Stian.

Today i got a notification in the postbox that one of my Modelhaus orders arrived,very excited. (Not so much to pay the custom fees)

Tommy...I hear that one...price has kept me from getting one just cant afford to yet...maybe someday..LOL..

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...