Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Lucky you I can't find one no where here in Dallas everyplace that sells Xbox one are completely sold out.

Every place has been telling me that it is going to be after Christmas and sometime after the first of the year before they get any.

Oh well... :angry:

Bestbuy had Xbox one on Friday. My sons is on its way. Gamestops website says available 12/16. Good luck!

Well, this was a good weekend, and I guess Christmas for me.

My 1950 Olds wagon resin came in the mail. And I ordered a Citroen 2CV Fourgonnette, Revell of Germany Trabbie and a Revell VW. Those all came today as well! I got the ferrin' cars from an eBay store. Once I had the two in my cart, I was a few dollars away from free shipping, saving me $10, so I got the Revell VW, figure it was half price in the deal.

And I can't post photos... I left my camera at my daughter's house on Sunday. That means I won't get it back until Christmas day! Argh... it's like I can't express myself. Argh!

Got a 69 Camaro Z28 model for 50% off at Michaels, also got another sheet of 1/32 inch plywood for half off at Michaels. Hit the Hobbytown USA 40% off closing sale and got 6 more cans of paint, 6 bottles of paint, a sheet of carbon fiber decal, 2 pre-wired distributers, a roll of springtime grass for diorama building and 2 bottles of wood glue. Grand total of 58.00 spent there. Then the wife and i went to Hobby Lobby where we got 2 more cans of paint for 40%.

And the wife found this sweet picture for 35.00, the cops lights flash and the sky lights blink (yes thats Elvis and Marilyn Monroe). It was a good day!!

11414156054_95f1f47abd_c.jpg
Untitled by jrherald420, on Flickr
11414148326_ee82b81975_c.jpg
Edited by jrherald420

USPS dropped off a killer box for me today. This is not the normal Chopper III, its longer than the one you can buy with the extension and has 3 chopping stations. Cost me a whopping 46.00 shipped Priority Mail.

11373048323_08fbf12584_c.jpg

I imagine that this Chopper is absolutely indispensable for you aliens with 3 hands.....

Well I broke down and did it. I got a cheap Harbor Freight lathe. It was reduced 50.00 and I used an additional 20% off coupon so I couldn't pass it up.I have a full size lathe in the engine shop but its tough doing small projects on it. Plus the added PIA of having to go into the motor shop to use it. This fits in the model room, and I only turned some acrylic rod down but it worked good. We will see when I chuck some aluminum up.

IMG_0929_zps6604d845.jpg

My last HLJ shipment for the year

IMG_1442_zps8defc813.jpg

Cool bundle !! I loaded up on their black friday sale the other day but most of mine was either December release or on restock status !! But at least I got my sale price locked in. I did recieve my La Ferrari though !! I love it !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cool bundle !! I loaded up on their black friday sale the other day but most of mine was either December release or on restock status !! But at least I got my sale price locked in. I did recieve my La Ferrari though !! I love it !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I did that as well for Black Friday, and I think all of them were back ordered, no biggie really

I still gotta order the c/f and the p/e for the La Ferrari. I must have had a brain fade and forgot to order those with it. I'd like to try and combine all those items together if the timing is right. My son tells me i'm crazy for wanting to use all the c/f , and he's right but that's never stopped me before !!

I still gotta order the c/f and the p/e for the La Ferrari. I must have had a brain fade and forgot to order those with it. I'd like to try and combine all those items together if the timing is right. My son tells me i'm crazy for wanting to use all the c/f , and he's right but that's never stopped me before !!

I am going to order both when I am ready to build it, I dont know why I just didnt order them now, I mean I think for both comes to $16 give or take, its cheap really, I am not sure I have the patients for all the C/F decals though

Well I broke down and did it. I got a cheap Harbor Freight lathe. It was reduced 50.00 and I used an additional 20% off coupon so I couldn't pass it up.I have a full size lathe in the engine shop but its tough doing small projects on it. Plus the added PIA of having to go into the motor shop to use it. This fits in the model room, and I only turned some acrylic rod down but it worked good. We will see when I chuck some aluminum up.

IMG_0929_zps6604d845.jpg

Where would you purchase aluminum rod to use?

Got a Used 1/16 SCALE Keeling and Clayton Dragster Revell 1972 Kit, Had the Motor half built, torn it back down,"glue and no paint" Just rough looking, started working on the Chassie, someone tried to put it together but thy missed a few point lineups, and left a couple support bars out, So far looks like all is here, but the fuel injector line, and blower hose setup. its from 72.

Here's the 1/16 scale kit I got today, its a 72 nearly complete kit.

Where would you purchase aluminum rod to use?

Just goggle metal supply and you should get some local places. I have a really great place here that is called Industrial metal supply. They do everything from the little that I buy to semi loads. Neat part is they have a scrap bin that they sell out cheap. They also have a walk in for sheets of aluminum, brass, stainless, you name it. Great place to go.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...