Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Sorry, that's a photo I snagged from Google for an example. Mine are not so pristine. No complaints from me, though.

and I thought you had found the rarest of rare! :lol:

Those are still hard to find in usable/restorable condition! I know the guys were getting them polished out past the pitting and then having them powder coated clear! They really look good on the big Ford engine! B)

modelsseptember.jpg Found most of this stuff out to Dean's Hobby Stop, The 75 Cutlass was $15, The 2 69 Camaro kits came from Michaels , I used the 50% off coupon for the B/M one and the 40% off for the Z/28, I also ordered a flat hood for that kit to make a mainstreamer out of it. I'll use the hood and spoiler out of it to one the other kit, The B/M Hood is going to be blended into the cowl hood out of the 69 Nova SS kit to make the Fast Track 69 Nova, I still need to get the decals for it from Keith Marks, I found a great refference artical in the last issue of Muscle Car Reveiw , The car was Lemans Blue and White.. I'm also waiting on a Couple 69 Chevelle kits off E-Bay the Countdown version, And the 1982-89 version of it , The one before they fixed the lights, And a Can of 1969 Chevy Glacier Blue from Automotive Touchup . Com, Thats going on the 69 El Camino I started restoring , I owned that for 4 years now. And pulled it out 2 weeks ago .

no pics, my batteries died>> <_<

but i got a few things.

tamiya 360 spyder

tamiya yoshimura hayabusa

aoshima hilux s-package rv

fujimi long champ (wheels)

fujimi hayashi streets (wheels)

unknown bbs rs wheels

i traded a tamiya, already started skyline (hakosuka) for a brand new revell civic si 2n1. first civic kit have ever owned. :huh:

an already started tamiya NSX and 300zx

my first resin casting kit. a small one to get the feel for it and who knows, might make something to cast and sell. dunno.. :D

Edited by LAone

Finally got the engines. They're sitting next to a 1989 Mustang convertible parts car. It gave up its drivetrain for my 1988 hatchback. Next up is a 460. Also in the pic is my gigantic hoist. It's 8 feet tall. I was told it's used for big rigs. It has no problem lifting an engine and transmission clear of a Fox Mustang. Lifting the big blocks out of a pickup bed was effortless, too. I got it for $225 last year. Quite a bargain, IMHO. B)

bigblocks003-vi.jpg

another midnight express kit number 6644, movin' on kenworth w925 2nd issue of the movin on kit, 2 louisville shorthauler kits one still in original shrink wrap while the other is opened and partally assembled, and my griffen design sts international 8100 conv. conversion kit! pics later

A DVD of the amazing documentary, "Senna," which profiles the career of the late F! driver, Ayrton Senna. Saw it a couple of weeks ago in the theater; the film is about 50% in Portuguese (Senna being Brazilian) but the distributor sent a version without subtitles to the theater. This film is not officially available on DVD in the US yet, but I tracked one down on eBay. This one has garbled English subtitles that appear to have been translated by someone using an online translator - probably a pirated version - but it fills in a lot that I missed in the theater.

This is an emotional and engrossing film about a unique person, with a real-life story line of passion, rivalries and redemption that would have made a good Hollywood movie (at one time, Antonio Banderas was slated to play Senna). It's playing in only a few US cities. Seek it out.

Edited by sjordan2

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...