Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Today when I was at my local Michaels, I saw and bought the new-ish Cali-wheels 63 Impala 2-in-1 that rang up as a 64 Impala Lowrider on the product listing for 17.99, but got it at $9.70 witha 50%off coupon (Hellz Yeah!!!!)

And to make things better... I saw a opened 64 Impala Lowrider kit and asked the cashier if I would recieve any discount, being the product was opened and missing the wheels. It rang up $14.99 and she applied a 20% off "scratch and dent item discount" (making it $12.60) along with the coupon on the '63. Of course along with two bottles of paint and a 400pc brush set for a $1.20, came up to around $27.66 with tax, which most LHS's charge with tax for just the '63 Impy alone!

Dat made my day!!

I got these three Revell Snap Rods (newest name for the old Monogram 1/32 scale snap-tie kits) in trade from gray01 (Shelly). Upon openiing them, I noticed the window trim, grilles, tail panels, emblems, side marker lamps, etc. are now pre-painted, which they had never been in previous issues. Even the '69 Camaro Z/28's vinyl top and trim is pre-painted-- perfect for first time builders.

I took many pics off the '69 Camaro Z/28, '68 GTO, and '70 Mach1 Mustang, which can be viewed here: http://s916.photobuc...ogram/132scale/

IMG_9469.jpg

SnapRods1.jpg

Edited by Casey

Got the unbuilt 49 merc kit I got cheap off ebay that someone tried to customized a little bit (will more than likely hit the parts box) and also came with 2 sets of rims/tires and 3 spinner rims/tires...also got my first BMF in...going to try it for the first time and see how it goes.

2011-12-10_154216.jpg

2011-12-10_154258.jpg

2011-12-10_154354.jpg

I actually found a copo nova kit at Hobby Lobby and was priced at $23.99 and used a 40% off coupon and was happy with that. Went next door to Kmart and found 2 more of them there and today only had a buy 1 get second one 50% off and were priced at $14.99 !!!! SCORE !!! Thought I was actually gonna have to pay high dollar and shipping on top of that online so was really happy with these deals !! I had a Rally Nova for over 20 years and am gonna build a replica of it in each look it went through all those years !! :D

I got some glue bombs today.

-'37 Ford Sedan and Roadster. Planning to do Salt Lake Roadster and hauler for it.

-'69 Camaro by Monogram. Going to build it as 80's Style.

-'56 Ford Fairlane Pro Sportsman. Going to build it as Funny Car, so then I have one Pro Sportsman Chassis for other body...

-'56 Ford Pickup, Chopped. Going to build Old School Custom.

-'95 Corvette X2. I'm not sure about these yet. I will build one as Street Car, and other one... No idea yet.

-'97 Ford F-150. I'm no sure about this either, but if I can get correct tires, I would build maybe somekind of Rock Crawler...

-'57 Chevrolet Bel Air. This would be maybe Street Freak.

-Chevrolet Beretta. It'll be Drag Racer, but not sure about the style yet.

-NASCAR Oldsmobile. Not sure about it... Lots of missing parts, so don't know, what to do for it.

-Pontiac Firebird GTA. Good basis for project. It'll be pretty typical Street Car.

-Chevrolet S10 Pickup. It'll be maybe Drag Racer, not sure about the engine yet. Maybe Twinturbo, maybe just typical engine with carburetor, or then something else.

-Chevrolet Corvette Limousine. I have only the chassis and interior. Not sure about it either.

-Turbine Car. It will be Custom with typical V8 engine, not Turbine Motor.

-And '70 Chevelle's box absolutely full of parts. Engines, interior parts etc etc. Lots of stuff.

I can post pictures too, if you want. Just ask.

Got some more project fodder- was interested in the MPC Challenger body and JoHan 442 and ended up with this lot for an $8.88 eBay bid- came with a bag of parts as well- mostly custom Mustang stuff

Nothing complete but-

MPC 72-74 Challenger- decent body

JoHan 70 442 missing bumper, engine, and wheels

AMT 69 Hurst Olds broken body but usable chassis

AMT 68 Shelby GT500- already have a boxful of these but a possible rear quarter "patch panel" donor for:

AMT 68 Mustang original issue but "customized" rear wheel wells

AMT 67 Mustang original issue- similar shape

MPC Charger- busted up body

KGrHqIOKpEE6FMwdrBOwsd2QoJ60_12.jpgKGrHqEOKkME6QdcBfl-BOwseP37Kg60_12.jpg

Got a package from my favorite OLD this evening w/ 3 Revells--the '10 Mustang GT convertible and the '02 Camaro SS and '69 Camaro SS convertible reissues---want the LS engine, seats, etc from the '02 to kitbash w/ the '69 to do a Pro-Touring style convertible.

Also from eBay got an unbuilt AMT VW Scirocco, one of the kits from back in the day that was never reissued and I was always slightly interested in...

b2a48ab4.jpg

finally set on a local hobby shop, he doesn't carry much but as soon as I asked "know anywhere I can get some styrene" his reply was "what do you need and I'll order it"

so I plan to go back maybe next week after figuring out what I want to get and order some stuff. I'm also going to see if there are any kits he can order for me. They are VERY friendly and run an r/c track. Ironically the f150 came in after the last time I was there I was making a comment how I like truck models.. he ordered it along with a 55 ford. :)

I cant wait to get that wrecker

Yeah s soon as I saw it on revell's site I knew I'd have to grab it when I saw it but I'm a little disappointed with it because the engine block is molded into the cab and the oil pan and transmission are molded into the chassis. But other than that and having to clean up some parts it seems like a really cool kit so far.

Edited by h3ae86

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...