Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Here's our haul from this past weekend. Some new micro drill bits, assorted paints including some semi-gloss black, paid full price for the special edition 62, the 32 was marked only $13 at Hobby town so couldn't pass that one up as my girl friend wants to build it, got the 62 SS at Michaels for 40% off because the box was open, but everything was in it in sealed bags, the 39 Chevy I got at a flea market for $3- couldn't pass up that deal either, also got Donn's DVD which is fantastic-can't wait to put the method to the test!

20120629_113703.jpg

This what I got today, I can tell you my order from Japan has still not arrived, dont think its going to

The C6 R vette, and the flocking from ebay, I will tell you I paid way to much for the C6 R kit

b1-1.jpg

b2.jpg

And this came home yesterday with my girlfriend, it was free!, she got it when she bought a new copier for her company, a $20,000 copier :lol: , great, one more thing to have to load in the truck

b3.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Today was a good day. Got an engine detail kit and resin hood from Lex's Scale Modelling on the 'Bay. I have an 86 Elky that I will be starting in the next few days and I wanted to give wiring and plumbing a try. I've seen so many nice jobs here and am inspired to give it a shot. Hey, what's the worst that could happen?,,,cross some wires so it won;t start? :unsure:

Very pleased with a score I made about 2 AM this morning. Decided to stay up a bit longer for real-time bid and it's good I did - someone else had the same idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=280906876225&nma=true&rt=nc&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D280906876225%26_rdc%3D1&si=LYut591B88B2WqQli0fLXh9aDHc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Shipping is actually about half the estimated cost listed, so whole thing works out to just under 5 bucks a kit - only interested in about half of them, so I'm sure I'll get my money back.

Hey all

So I went over to my dads place today and we got talking about model cars. I showed him some pics of my Shelby GT500. He was like Ill be right back and brought out these.....

First

monogramcamaro.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Second

monogramvette.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Both kits seen to be all there all glass and chrome parts are still there and most parts are still on the trees. The decals for the camaro are missing and the ones for the Vette are thrashed. Is there a place were I can find directions and new decals for them?

Then he was like you want em...

Plus he gave me

1/25 Lindberg 66 Chevelle SS

1/25 Revell 68 Corvette L-88

1/25 Monogram 67 Corvette 427 Roadster

1/24 Monogram 70 Trans Am 455 X2

1/25 Revell Monogram Pro Modeler 69 Charger R/T

These kits are all there with directions and decals.

all and all it was a good day LoL

Edited by Galant409VR4

Daniel, your Dad had a nice little stash! As far as decals for the Camaro, I'd check with Keith Marks, but I'm not sure he makes them. I do know Model Car Garage makes a PE set for it (I've got one), the only thing it's missing is the 302 scripts. About the only kit in that "gift set" he gave you that would be considered a bad one would be the 70 T/A, and it's a pretty good kit, your Dad has good taste in kits!

Edited by Custom Mike

i220U.jpg

for casting

zZmuG.jpg

That's interesting .. a 944 engine for casting (phone dial wheels too) I've been going thru these kits making the 3 944's I had, but only the '92 from this same kit. I cast the engine, well, bit larger one from the 968 kit, to use in the '92 .. it did have the 3.0 liter in it. This was my first casting job and was fun, despite the million bubbles I got! :)

Will be interesting to see what you do

My irritation was when I went to use the 50% off coupon, and I was going to buy this one, so after waiting in line I am told its on clearance and couldn't use the coupon, ok no biggie, what irritated me is the fact that the model section is a disaster and nothing is marked, it would of been nice to know which kits are on clearance or not.

I live right by the micheals at metro center, never any small testors or mm bottles, takes a year to get someone to open the spray paint cage(that sucks, you go in hoping to grab 1 maybe 3 quick things, no basket end up holding 10 things) then get to the register only to have issues with the coupons. But it's close and right now can't afford the "bench" on 19th, I miss the "real hobby lobby on 35th"..

I live right by the micheals at metro center, never any small testors or mm bottles, takes a year to get someone to open the spray paint cage(that sucks, you go in hoping to grab 1 maybe 3 quick things, no basket end up holding 10 things) then get to the register only to have issues with the coupons. But it's close and right now can't afford the "bench" on 19th, I miss the "real hobby lobby on 35th"..

I remember my dad taking me there every other weekend, the owners and everyone that worked there were just nice people.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...