Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Niiiiice. Think in gonna run rhs's on my SBC. Which ones you get? CNC port or the tried and true die grinder method?

Mark I got the cnc ported heads. I got the pro-elite heads very nice product for the money. sales people are very good and know what they are doing and help with all my questions before I ordered them. If you have to order them from over here call Chris Ryan ext.581 he helped me alot. I will be ordering my roller cam setup in the next week or so from him also.

That's great. Rhs heads go on a lot of the engines we build and you're right great value for money.

Glad you sprung for the CNC job. Porting with a die grinder unless you really know what her doing it often does more harm than good. How many cubes you running? Were getting ready to do a big m based 632 here soon.

That's great. Rhs heads go on a lot of the engines we build and you're right great value for money.

Glad you sprung for the CNC job. Porting with a die grinder unless you really know what her doing it often does more harm than good. How many cubes you running? Were getting ready to do a big m based 632 here soon.

I am running a 468 BBC with h-beam rods, SRP .100 dome pistons, LS6 steal crank, elderbrock X-c96 crossram intake, going to solid roller cam set up. with turbo 400 rev vavle body & trans brake. this is in my 78 Z28 camaro 10" tire 4:10gears street car full interior all steal body except hood. I would love to build a 600 plus cube motor next, but think I would do that for a drag race only car. Ya I don't port any of my heads myself. Takes to long to do it buy hand and for what it cost to have the pros do it is worth the extra cost to me, at least I know it will make a differance if they do it.

I want one!!!
But last time I saw it, it was Starting at $68.oo!!!

WAY Too rich for my blood.

I have an Original LAPD version, but it is a Dodge & LA used Plymouth then!!

Replaced the roof rack with the "Cans" from a JoHan Fury, but still looking for a Correct siren!!

There are several in the series.

LA, NY, NY/NJ Transit, That San Diego County, CHP........

Yep. The 632 is gonna be a blower motor. Either a 14-71 or a pair of pro charger f1's . Pump gas engine.

My SBC is gonna be a destroked 400. 377 cubes full hyd roller retrofit forged everything and .560 lift can with around 10.5 or 11:1

my last SBC was a 331 it was a std bore 350 with .030 327 11.5:1 with small journal 327 rods 307 crank turned down to fit rods with iron eagle heads. that thing would turn some rpms I would shift it at 7200 it would quit pulling at 7300. use to run 12.90's driving it to the track. car never would hook in the first 60ft even with DOT slicks.

Once the BBC is back together i will be going to a bolt in 4 link setup with a ford 9in and will be able to go to a 12in tire should hook then.

Sounds like you are going to have a nice motor when your done. Whats it going in?

The Mail Delivered these today. The Model Kits are From Model Round up, and Resin Parts are From Replicas And Miniatures of Maryland !.

The Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland, delivery is only about 1/5 of my total order! Norm had to split it up into severeral deliveries, but he is covering the extra SH!

KitsandParts019.jpg

KitsandParts018.jpg

Edited by Tom Setzer

Got one of these! I wanted one since I was a kid and I finally scored one! Yes, I am going to build it!!

20121207_183946.jpg

I have one on the back shelf. Built one about 20 years ago and air brushed it in VietNam Camo. It is a real pain to paint. Very soft plastic and nothing sticks to it very well. I took some 1:32 scale Sidewinders and wing tanks. Kind of slowed the whole mechanical part down, but it did look good. Fun model. Enjoy it!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...