Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

This was one I forgot to mention. It's a 5x10 utility trailer with a ramp that I bought last week...second to last one where I bought it on sale. The wife was kind of against it at first, but I convinced her to let me buy it instead of renting trailers or trucks. As you can see it came in handy today. We were cleaning out her parents house and everything she wanted to take fit in the truck and trailer with room to spare. I know it'll have plenty of miles put on it in the next year...up north and when we move. So, buying models will have to slow down for a bit.IMG_3563.jpg

I've also made it clear that me, the truck, or the trailer are not for hire or to be borrowed under any circumstances. Had too many things that I borrowed to some people come back bent or broken. I personally would never do that someone. If I broke something that I borrowed, I'd replace it or fix it. Today was different...it was my wife. No problem with that.

yea thats why I helped people move.. no one barrows it or my trucks for any reason. yea I hate to barrow and yea I am one that brings back in better shape than when I borrowed it. but it seems I never bet the same treatment back.. It seems people will bring back broken or even not bing it back at all and the blame me for there short comings. so yea the wife and have taken the same stance.. and now that my physical condition has gotten bad I don't help move ether ( IE like you said not for hire ) but you will not feal bad for getting that trailer.. one tip .. keep in under tarps when not in use ( keep it out of sight ( people still those things ) and I park mine on boards too in the back yard.. I also make double sure that the wheels/tires are tarped to keep the sun off.

Right now I have it locked onto the truck. Probably going to put a cable lock through a wheel and around the frame too. Soon it will be locked in a garage somewhere else with my rider mower on it till we move.

I went to a LHS today and got 2 special Edition Revell Austin Healey's for $9.99 each on closeout. Not bad! Then I went to pick up my wife at Goodwill and she had found me a 1/8th Monogram '82 Camaro and a 1/8th Monogram '82 Corvette for $6.99 each. They are both unstarted and complete with fair to rough boxes. All in all a pretty good day!

Edited by Dan Helferich

I went to a LHS today and got 2 special Edition Revell Austin Healey's for $9.99 each on closeout. Not bad! Then I went to pick up my wife at Goodwill and she had found me a 1/8th Monogram '82 Camaro and a 1/8th Monogram '82 Corvette for $6.99 each. They are both unstarted and complete with fair to rough boxes. All in all a pretty good day!

Nice finds by your wife. My wife seems to find stuff at Goodwill and similar stores for me too. I, on the other hand, have absolutely 0 luck. It's like they know when I'm coming in and they put nothing out so I'm disappointed and wasted my time there.

Nothing model related. Went to our local garbage dump and found 4-1972 and later rims from Chrysler corporation. The later rallye

style that was used on the 73-74 Roadrunners, 75-76 Dodge Chargers and some Cordoba's. Such a deal! Trim rings and center

caps and some decent tires. Only 20 bucks for all.

I've also made it clear that me, the truck, or the trailer are not for hire or to be borrowed under any circumstances. Had too many things that I borrowed to some people come back bent or broken. I personally would never do that someone. If I broke something that I borrowed, I'd replace it or fix it. Today was different...it was my wife. No problem with that.

Well you know Milwaukee, if you can get something for free, why buy!

I just north of you in Idaho Falls... about 60ish miles.. only bad thing about Internet shopping is by the time you pay for S/H you just doubled the price of a already expensive model... ( bad thing about being on SSDI is very limited income )

Derick,give Tower Hobbies a try,they sometime offer free shipping on orders over $25.I bought my last 2 kits this way(50 Olds and 57 Ford)and it ends up cheaper than buying from the Hobbytown USA in I.F.

They ship from their warehouse in Reno NV.so it only takes 3 or 4 days to get to ID.

Rich

I want one of those Minis... I got the RoG 599 GTO and SV Aperta earlier this week along w/ the AMT '70 Galaxie reissue...my Revell '57 Ford has shipped, hope to have it by tomorrow.

Had my annual review at work yesterday, getting a nice raise, happy about that.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...