Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Well not quite today,last week is close enough.Found 2 mack kits at the LHS,not often you find 4 year old issues of a mack truck.I missed them the first time ,so I had to get them.I also got 5 sets of decals from modeltruckin.com

My camera messed up after this first photo.

Mack cruiseliner,decals and paint

100_0447.jpg

Those look salvageable; the glass shouldn't be too hard to make with some acetate sheet.

very true or

was thinking may a pair of Sheels Mid build in a dio.

FullSHELL.jpg

I didn't get these today, I actually got these a while ago from a friend's collection who had passed away, but it took a while for me to unbox them and inventory everything. It turned out I didn't even relize how many kits I'd picked up, I ended up with over 100 kits and some with spare pieces and parts and a few even had two complete kits or a complete kit and a rebuildable built up in the same box!

Also, I ask that you PLEASE DO NOT ASK "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THIS?" OR "WANT TO GET RID OF THAT??" in either post (since it will take two) because most of these are kits I want! If you are someone I HAVE TRADED WITH BEFORE and see something, send me a PM and I might consider offers, but chances are I'm not going to part with anything. Later, there may be a few that hit the Trade sections, but for now these aren't going anywhere but to the bench!

Anyway, here's the haul!

HPIM3271.jpg

HPIM3269.jpg

HPIM3260.jpg

HPIM3249.jpg

HPIM3239.jpg

To be continued..... :)

.........Continued :)

HPIM3213.jpg

HPIM3210.jpg

HPIM3282.jpg

And please keep in mind, DON'T ASK "CAN I HAVE THIS??" OR "WANNA GOT RID OF THAT??" because I don't have any plans of getting rid of ANY OF THESE!!! If I do, my list of people I have TRADED WITH BEFORE HAVE FIRST PICK!!!

Highway, nice looking group you have there. I hope that building your friends kit's give you some styrene therapy over the loss of your friend.

Thank you, even though some of those kits are giving me more headaches than therapy!! :lol: :lol:

The Ferarri F50 is somewhat built and he had done a very nice job painting it and I was planning on finishing it as a tribute to him

HPIM3319.jpg

BUT....some of the parts have gone to nowhere land and a few are sorta important, like half of the engine parts! :o And I thought my biggest pain was going to be matching the unpainted mirrors to the body color!

Hopefully, I will be able to finish the Johan 70 442 though.

HPIM3317.jpg

It appears to still be there, and if worse comes to worse since AMT is reissuing the 69 Hurst Olds next year and I think he used the frame from one of those, I can rob parts from the 69 in the 3 car set. :)

They are? I must've missed that news. :blink:

I'm sure I seen it somewhere, because I remember thinking to myself if I had know beforehand, I wouldn't have gotten the 69 Musclecar set exclusively for the 69 Olds.

Highway You just may have topped my Garage Sell Find of about a year ago when I got 23 kits for $2. each. I had to buy all of the kits the woman had to get the ones I really wanted. I still feel like I got a great deal even though three of the kits were very simple easy builder kits, and one of the kits was the awful Lindberg 67 442 kit. For that matter after looking at what you got, I know you beat what I got by several miles!

I just picked up a new six foot table to replace the old desk I have been using for over 20 yr.s as a work table it has been trying to fall apart for the last year!

CHEERS!

Tom

Edited by Tom Setzer

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...