Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

lol i know, i have a real sickness going on in my stash... Yeah i found a bloke on eBay thats selling many prebuilt kits sans paint. weird, but for 13 total i wont sneeze at getting a bare white 93 cobra

I have a military friend who was over in Iraq for about a year and a half. He would get care packages that had models, but no paint so he would put them together without painting them. By the time he was released to come back home he had about 50 non painted models. He had them all shipped back and gave me about 23 of them and sold the rest of them on e-bay. The ones he sold on e-bay were all nascars, but he still got a pretty good chunk of change for them.

I've been away on a business trip this past week, and although I didn't pick up anything model related this week, I did pick up a great reference from an executive VP. I put in an application today and hopefully I'll have good news next week. I'm really positive right now.

I went to Hobby Lobby today to pick up paint and just happened to look over at the models and they had only 1 of Revell's 2010 Camaro SS

kit still left, boy did I snatch that kit. :lol: :lol:

The local Chevy dealer has one on the lot that's white with black stripes so I 've decided to build it in that color combo...

Edited by MyJoeyLogano20

went to a big military swap meet and show today, just browsing around reminiscing about my growing up on Guam and the Phillipines, and this one guy had some auto models and some other goofy stuff:

whatigot1.jpg

the truck looks pretty kool actually, with fairly nicely detailed motor with modern induction, and the wheels and tires appear to be of possible use. but probably wont be building the truck version anytime soon...possible parts source kit.

the 32 is kinda weak aside from the mcdonalds backdrops but i dont even eat at micky d's so i couldnt care less essentially. the car is pretty stodgy with weak detail on the motor and not much to recommend it from what i can see. and its missing the decal sheet even though it was apparently sealed when i got it. but the body itself is really nice looking and the louvered hood and side panels nice as well. i wonder if this is the same basic stuff as the old Monogram "Little Deuce" that was a scaled down version of their 1/8th scale "Big Deuce". the reason i ask is the illustration of the decal sheet shown in the instructions shows the "Little Deuce" logo on it! all in all though, i might pirate the body for some project but the rest is to the spares bin.

and then there are these, possibly rare but probably common like dirt in the UK...still for 2$ each i couldnt resist if only for the box art. guy had about 10 total, looked like the complete collection from the illustrations on the side of the box, but i didnt want to spring for them all

whatigot2.jpg

all this plus a couple of kool hot wheels set me back 15$. the VW Ilitis i saw though...that may end up costing me more.

Picked the scale finishes paint at the show yesterday, paid $5 for the Rosso Corsa, and $10 for the Lambo paint, not a bad deal, the wheels I got from Jeff at Police car models

p2-2.jpg

Bought the Ferrari kit, won the Mach 1 kit from the raffle at the show, one of the guys from my club wants the Mach1 kit, which is good, because I dont lol, but it was still cool to win something

S7302398.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

7I1nA.jpg

got these yesterday i did some mods to the nascrap as its gonna be used for paint practice

HLtol.jpg

dont have a nintendo but the price was right

XFoRO.jpg

Pretty cool finds!

That Jada Chevy Tahoe is a very nice diecast! One of their best IMO!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...