Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yeah the detail on those GTO racers is outta sight. But yeah an AE86 would be cool, haven't thought about that one yet.

If I am not mistaken , I think the AE86 is what the celica is here in the states, but I could be wrong. I see them all the time on non US model broads. I am going to look that up now

Edited by martinfan5

The AE86 was loosely a Corolla or Trueno in Japan I believe.

And the Celica above is actually what we got stateside as a Supra L-type. No '82-'85 Celica injection molded plastic kit has been produced in bi-scale that I know of.

Yesterday at the D.A.A.M. show I bought the Revell K.S. Pittman Willys and 2010 Camaro glue kit,a Trumpeter Ranchero,2 Gibson engine kits,a set of Pegasus Helas,a couple of magazines,and a resin '62 Olds Starfire(yes,it's an R&R,but I got it cheap enough to be worth the risk).

On the flip side-I sold all my Monogram NASCAR double kits,an AMT Funny Hugger 1,and a few more of my duplicate kits so I didn't even have to touch my cash reserve to buy what I did.Some days things just do work out favorably..............

Yeah,I guess i did.The show was well attended and the number of tables rented was up about 10% from last years spring show(The fall show has about 20% more tables than even this one does).My sales total was just under $300.I've done far worse in the past.

I got the news from work that was inevitable but still pretty depressing. My last day of work will be July 25th. :( Oddly, they are keeping me on the payroll until September 25th, so basically even though I'm being terminated they are giving me 60 days of vacation with pay before cutting my paycheck. At that point, I'll receive my severance package. So in a sense, I'm going to be on vacation from July 25th until the end of the year if I so choose. So on the bright side, I do have plenty of time to find another job and am not under too much pressure to find a new one. Being on the payroll until the 25th is a good thing because it means I'll still have my medical benefits through the 25th of September and for 20 weeks after that.

Still, it wasn't a good day at work. Then, after coming home and needing to drive around for miles until my car's E light was blinking due to my entire town being without electricity for some reason, I got frustrated and really pulled hard on my parking brake............ which resulted in the entire assembly ripping off. Ugggh. Using a flashlight to see and tools and some super strong epoxy, I was able to get it back together and get the brake to disengage. Still need to take the car in for work now and I don't think this will be cheap. :(

I got the news from work that was inevitable but still pretty depressing. My last day of work will be July 25th. :( Oddly, they are keeping me on the payroll until September 25th, so basically even though I'm being terminated they are giving me 60 days of vacation with pay before cutting my paycheck. At that point, I'll receive my severance package. So in a sense, I'm going to be on vacation from July 25th until the end of the year if I so choose. So on the bright side, I do have plenty of time to find another job and am not under too much pressure to find a new one. Being on the payroll until the 25th is a good thing because it means I'll still have my medical benefits through the 25th of September and for 20 weeks after that.

Still, it wasn't a good day at work. Then, after coming home and needing to drive around for miles until my car's E light was blinking due to my entire town being without electricity for some reason, I got frustrated and really pulled hard on my parking brake............ which resulted in the entire assembly ripping off. Ugggh. Using a flashlight to see and tools and some super strong epoxy, I was able to get it back together and get the brake to disengage. Still need to take the car in for work now and I don't think this will be cheap. :(

Sadly the same is in my future as well.

Good luck,

joe.

theres way to much of that going on today it's scary,I work from day to day never noing if i go in and the doors will be locked i'm in the automotive brake pad industry we had one big company in town and was getting 60 hours a week trucking for them then they decided to move there canadian side of the bussiness to china, now we still work for there parent company in kentucky but hours have dropped down to 20 to 30 hours a week, it's just a matter of time before they to are gone, and the company i work for that does this work for them i have been with for 28 years and to know it can all be gone with no warning is pretty stressfull, theres no real way to prepare for it when you get over 50 not many places see you as employable and the ones that do expect you to take atleast a 10 to 12 dollar an hour cut in pay

So, Justin....You got a loooong vacation AND a broken handbrake as the cherry on top? Ouch!

Daryl; It's the same principle of commerce everywhere: businesses can't carry the government on its back and still pay its workers and owners. Why can't we learn that lesson?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...