Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I LIKE that. Neat little lathe, for sure. What's the runout like on the spindle?

And if you don't mind...about what kind of $$ are we talking about?

Here's the link. It works out to around $500-600 with some but not all of the accessories. As far as the runout, I hope it says so in the descriptions in the link. I'm too new to know.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?p=43104&cat=1,330,50260&ap=1

Actually got this yesterday... Candy apple red '60 Bonneville for a resto/rebuild. I love when the original builder actually follows the instruction to "use cement sparingly" and ignores the one to "scrape plating and paint from parts before cementing!" The result is that this beauty has very minor skirt rash. The fact that there are no antenna holes atop the quarter panels is even better! She's already been stripped and scrubbed and is ready to receive a roof from a rough hardtop in the stash.

More here... http://public.fotki.com/Froghawk/smp-59-corvette-kit/candybonne3.html

CandyBonne1.jpg

Great score John! You know I have a thing for Red '60 Bonneville Convertibles. I built 2 of them, one an AMT, and the Trumpeter.

Went to Hobby Lobby and found 2 kits that I have been wanting.

No new 30 Ford A kits and I noticed the Lawman 64 Plymouth was 39 dollars and I was wondering if it was wrong but both was marked the same. No semi trucks on clearance and only saw the 69 Corvair and the Hot Dogger kits on clearance and some planes and ships. I rarely buy any kits anymore. Trying to work down the ones I have..

Went to Hobby Lobby...No new 30 Ford A kits and I noticed the Lawman 64 Plymouth was 39 dollars and I was wondering if it was wrong but both was marked the same. No semi trucks on clearance and only saw the 69 Corvair and the Hot Dogger kits on clearance and some planes and ships. I rarely buy any kits anymore. Trying to work down the ones I have..

Thanks, I like to read about what's available at Hobby Lobby etc. in other places.

No REVELL 30 Ford coupes at Hobby Lobby here in Upstate SC, either.  Also none at a local hobby shop that usually gets new kits pretty fast.  Maybe the kits are still working their way down to the South, or something.

At one Hobby Lobby here (Easley, SC), that "Lawman" Plymouth was also priced at $39.99.  Next time I go in, I might ask them to price-check that.  IIRC, other people on here have said it's a pricing mistake. 

This Hobby Lobby only had a couple of AMT 1/32 scale Avantis on the Clearance aisle.  I noticed some kits that were Clearance-priced a few weeks ago are back up to the regular price.  The Barris Surf Woody is one of those. 

Edited by Mike999
error

Thanks, I like to read about what's available at Hobby Lobby etc. in other places.

No REVELL 30 Ford coupes at Hobby Lobby here in Upstate SC, either.  Also none at a local hobby shop that usually gets new kits pretty fast.  Maybe the kits are still working their way down to the South, or something.

At one Hobby Lobby here (Easley, SC), that "Lawman" Plymouth was also priced at $39.99.  Next time I go in, I might ask them to price-check that.  IIRC, other people on here have said it's a pricing mistake. 

This Hobby Lobby only had a couple of AMT 1/32 scale Avantis on the Clearance aisle.  I noticed some kits that were Clearance-priced a few weeks ago are back up to the regular price.  The Barris Surf Woody is one of those. 

The new 30 Fords was sold out as they only stock 2 at a time. The Lawman Plymouth is 24 dollars from Model Roundup. The Hobby Lobby I shop at does not clearance many kits. I was wanting to find the Pacer Wagon there.

This happen on August 6th was out of town to Tulsa went in a used junk store and found  several model I bought the Jo-Han 1963 Cadillac convertible and the 1960 Desoto, Caddy is complete and not started box has seen better days, the Desoto was missing the taillights. So I pulled those off the junker I had at the house. Both were in the original boxes.

I saw that Lawman model at Hobby Lobby also. I in fact picked it up and was going to buy it. I saw the 39.00 sticker and put it back. With the 40 per cent off coupon it would not be too bad but even so I wondered why such a high price for this kit.

I bought one but ONLY with a 40% off coupon,,,,,,,. at 39.99 this kit will sit . And IMO, the contents are NOT worth such a high price. The decals are no better than the afternkt

I got the urge to assemble some shelves and get some kits out of stacks on the floor in one of my kit rooms. The Super Boss kits are the most recent. Should have four Freightliner SD's here Thursday. Waiting on Tower to get more Blazin Bison tractor pull kits in so I can get four of those as well! 

image.jpeg

I bought one but ONLY with a 40% off coupon,,,,,,,. at 39.99 this kit will sit . And IMO, the contents are NOT worth such a high price. The decals are no better than the afternkt

Aftermarket decals are probably $10-$12 before shipping. Then go get aftermarket steelies with plated caps,add $10-$12.

Then aftermarket scoop(s) 4$-$6,and intake and exhaust and carbs,i bet no less then $10.

So around $35.$40 in parts only before shipping. Then the Lindberg or Johan kit,$15 to $45.

Not really a bad deal with $39 for the whole batch.

Just checked Ebay,and it`s $23 there. 

Curious what kit would be comparable.

im thinking any 1.25th scale model kit of similar skill level . Just about every other kit in a like scale at HL is 29.99 . how is it justified this kit is 39.99

Edited by gtx6970

im thinking any 1.25th scale model kit of similar skill level . Just about every other kit in a like scale at HL is 29.99 . how is it justified this kit is 39.99

Yeah i guess. But it`s decent priced on Ebay. Makes me wonder how much those Galaxie Fleetlines are at this shop.

They often are close to $40 or more on Ebay.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...