Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 Purchases Lindberg/Hawk

I have a few of the MPC 1/20 scale Ford Econoline van, and the Sirens,

and Rotator light in the Ambulnce fit 1/24-1/25 scale fine. They did almost

look small on the Econoline though

That is one I would want if they re-issued it and back-dated it to one of the 70's annual versions

(Or even the Ironsides)

I'd love to have that kit back as well- it would go pretty nicely with the Lindberg 1:20 Explorer. Just with that Econoline alone I could get used to 1:20- and the Lindberg kits done in that scale were extremely well done, despite the 'weird' scale.

The Toyota Tacomas were molded in a variety of "unique" shades, but the Nissan was molded in black.

I think I was thinking of the dually versions, the Toyoa in pink and the Nissan in periwinkle? :huh:

That being said the 1/20 tools while somewhat replicating the annuals that AMT and Revellogram were putting out were of different versions of the vehicles.

Very true. My thinking was the casual modeler wouldn't be as tuned into the differences, nor as particular, when it came time to chose bewtween a Lindberg Firebird Firehawk versus a Revell Trans Am which look very similar to the casual observer.

This news should at least add a bit more intrigue when iHobby opens in October.

Does Round2 do that, too, or only Revell?

May is coming up quickly. :)

Round 2 announced a bunch of releases last year at iHobby, but more recently a number of other releases have surfaced through the underground and via vendor listings (like Tower Hobbies--they list a whole bunch of 2013 Round 2 AMT & MPC releases that have been discussed here and on other forums, but weren't announced at iHobby).

Edited by Rob Hall

Does Round2 do that, too, or only Revell?

May is coming up quickly. :)

I don't think they do a big public thing like Revell, but it seems like there's always more stuff that pops up on the Tower Hobbies pre-order pages around that time. Wonder if the tooling for the Dodge Rampage was ever finished...Lindberg had said it was a Skill Level 3, so that would be a full detail glue kit in the vein of the Chargers. It's long past when that vehicle would be relevant to build, but if the tool is cut, shoot some plastic through it!

73055-Dodge-Rampage-black-124.jpg

http://lindberg-models.com/land_model73055.html

I hope that the 1/32 scale moulds / tooling still exist , as I'd love to see those "oddball" '73-'77 G.M. Colonnade A-bodies and the even more obscure 1975-1977 Granada / Monarch !

These four were announced at iHobby 2009 so I'm sure the tooling is still there.

DSCN0029-vi.jpg

Those 4 1/32 kits are actually smaller than scale!!

I have all of them. The Dodge Charger & Chrysler Cordoba are larger.

I think the 77 T-Bird was also closer to scale, but I don't have one to compare.

And Yes, that Pickup Is the Testor's Boyd Hauler.

I believe some one here said all Plastic tooling went with J Loyd, when they separated

from Testor's.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

They made a '73-74 Cuda that also seemed to be out of scale. I have a bunch of the Lindberg 1/32 kits from childhood, those and the Revell Snap Tite kits were the first models I built, back around 1976-77...I've got the Dodge Charger, Granada, Monza, '77 T-Bird, Cuda, Grand Am, Grand Prix, El Camino, and Merc SL from back then IIRC.

Do you have the Cuda labeled as either a Challenger or Charger??

Think it was only called Charger, but would have been more accurate as a

Challenger

I have one marked Charger. All they did was add a second set of head lights to the grill of the Cuda!

And yea, I have the Benz too.

Should have 5 or 6 of the Motorcycle out of the El Camino, but, so small..........................