Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 Purchases Lindberg/Hawk

They were blowing those F150's out at Ollie's for $7 for the better part if a year. Although the two Lindberg kits are 4x4s, AMT already has a tool of their own for that same truck.

One might speculate that the '97 F-150 is the reason we can't get a current pick-up made. All three companies had kits out, oversaturating the market leading each company to see them as sales losers. How many F-150s does one person need? Because there are 2 Lindberg, at least 2 AMT, and 4 from Revell.

They were blowing those F150's out at Ollie's for $7 for the better part if a year. Although the two Lindberg kits are 4x4s, AMT already has a tool of their own for that same truck.

One might speculate that the '97 F-150 is the reason we can't get a current pick-up made. All three companies had kits out, oversaturating the market leading each company to see them as sales losers. How many F-150s does one person need? Because there are 2 Lindberg, at least 2 AMT, and 4 from Revell.

well the reason i asked about the lindy stock not OFFROAD version is because of this. I could use revell wheels but i dont have any off hand yes i saw lots at ollies i got quite a few kits from them last year. This is my first vehicle thats why I asked all the other companies are extended cabs. I have the offroad version and the revell lightning.216663_608466809183252_889486207_n.jpg547077_468322166531051_987072939_n.jpg423390_360983897264879_1860761158_n.jpg

I'm sure all three sold in disapointing numbers because there were three on the shelf.

I figured as much. Are they old Pyro kits?

Yes, Pryo had a series of 1/16 T-based rods/customs (and I use that term very loosely), but they were very odd. The "Gee-T" may have been the most normal of the bunch:

Pyro%20C184-400%20GeeTPr.JPG

As I said on the last page it's got some nice parts, despite the clear roof/top and oddball body. As far as I can tell the Gee-T, the Serpent:

4f70f04dd6fcb_82802b.jpg

...Tee N T:

$T2eC16h,!)sE9swmcNJIBRWMJshHig~~60_57.J

...and even the Laramie Stage Ghost kit:

Laramie_Stage_Ghost.jpg

...seem to share the basic engine, suspension, chassis, etc. with the body parts and details the main differences. The Stage Ghost kit looks quite different, but the engine and headers look the same to me. I don't know when the Lindberg Bullhorn T was introduced, but my guess it late '70s or so? It also seems to be the most realistic/normal of the lot, and would be great to have back.

• 1 month later...

I'm not surprised . I just hope they have sense enough to re -issue a bunch of kits that were tooled up by dubious companies and that in turn gives us mo drama on the board ! We all know what kits I'm referring to also ......................

Just received an e-mail from Round2 indicating that Lindberg models are now available. Looking at the packaging in the examples in the e-mail, I'm guessing they are clearing out what inventory Lindberg had before doing their own runs. Just my opinion.

Just received an e-mail from Round2 indicating that Lindberg models are now available. Looking at the packaging in the examples in the e-mail, I'm guessing they are clearing out what inventory Lindberg had before doing their own runs. Just my opinion.

Any chance you could post that email on here?

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/22/2013 at 8:31 PM, 1930fordpickup said:

This is just another good day for the hobby.

It will be interesting to see what they mold first .

My guess 1934 Ford truck with retro box art.

Stumbled on this while searching for something else

Well, it only took 6 years, but the 34 pickup is finally being released back under the AMT banner!