Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 1/12 Scale '69 Camaro

My little review wasn't intended to sound negative. I'm loving the kit. Like I said, it exceeded my expectations. And the fact that I would do it again is testament to it as I rarely want to do one kit more than once. I made some silly errors that were my fault for not forward thinking. And I wanted to point out potential pitfalls to others. Also, the center interior piece that goes around the gear shifter gave me fits. It fit well until I put the shifter in. I ended up with a large gap. Again my fault for not checking the fit with that piece in it. If you got those seats together gap free with minimal effort, kudos. I've had about 4 putty and sanding sessions with them, but in the end all ok. Highly recommended kit in my opinion. I've built maybe 30 different Revell car kits, and none were better than this kit, again in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember off hand where the slicks came from

The slicks and deep dish Cragar S/S wheels are from the MPC Shaker Trike kit.

love to see one with the Foose wheels ..does it sit lower?

Not really. The tires, at least the Foose version's front tires, have nearly the same outside diameter as the Goodyear Eagle ST tires included in previous issues, so the ride height is about the same. Using the Foose wheels and tires requires the builder to use the inner half of the 15" wheels up front, so that doesn't look good.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the kit was great, very fun, I ordered 2, the top model came, the body was broken, and the right pillar was bent pretty good, I knew I would have no issues once I got the windshield in, that was going to take time but fixable, well the body was saved by the windshield breaking, none of this or the following issues had anything to do with revell, still I had a great time and look forward to the next one, please bring back more 1/12 scale kits like this one.

post-12527-0-44092700-1392317812_thumb.j

MCG pe set works better ,but costs a little extra

Henry, the MCG set is gorgeous, but it's got one big flaw. If you want to build this (Or the 1/25th scale, since it's the same PE set, just smaller) as a Z/28, you're gonna have a problem. The PE set does not have the 302 scripts for the sides of the cowl on the hood.The Z/28 was only available with the 302, so you'll have to have some decals made if you want a Z/28.

1969_Chevrolet_Z28_Camaro-vi.jpg

It's gorgeous James, and it even comes with a clear sheet with the dash and console gauges, so you can really detail it right. The only flaw is the lack of 302 scripts, otherwise, it's perfect! I got mine years ago when I picked up the old Monogram version off of E-Bay, and had Keith Marks make up a set of 302 decals for me. One day I'll actually build it!

I sent the fine folks at Model Car Garage an e-mail about the lack of 302 scripts on the fret, let me know if they're included with yours when you get it!

Edited by Custom Mike

I think they've added an addendum sheet with the 302 on the 1/25th sheet, I don't know if they did with the 1/12th. Worse comes to worse you just use the 307 with the 2 from 327, the numbers aren't connected to each other.

Actually just checked out my 25th scale sheet t, there's no addendum and the numbers are connected, but still wouldn't be too hard to cut and rearrange them, even easier in 12th scale, I'm sure.

Edited by Brett Barrow

Yup. That seven's barely hangin' on anyway, and ain't nobody building a 307 equipped Sport Coupe anyway. ^_^

cfd40de8-5fe2-4605-aaf3-272ffad073a7.jpg

Here's the full 1/12 p/e fret, with the added SS396 nameplates:

de9414ad-425a-46d6-bd22-b31042dc6be7.jpg

i know that,,and yes the detailingkit is great!..no way one could ever drybrush the scripts on the 1/12 example..

i simply called my '69 a 350..cause it's nowhere near stock..

but the 302 badges can be done...the 'master of large scale ,,Hawk 312' did it on all his builds..

• 1 month later...

Yup. That seven's barely hangin' on anyway, and ain't nobody building a 307 equipped Sport Coupe anyway. ^_^

cfd40de8-5fe2-4605-aaf3-272ffad073a7.jpg

Here's the full 1/12 p/e fret, with the added SS396 nameplates:

de9414ad-425a-46d6-bd22-b31042dc6be7.jpg

I wonder whats up with the backwards SS emblem next to the Z28 emblems ? LOL

Thanks 89! Did you happen to see the new cuda kit there as well?

No problem Hawk. Honestly once I saw this kit sitting on that top shelf I really didn't notice anything else. Is this a large scale kit? (The New Cuda)

i picked one of these up at HL myself last week, same $42 with that lovely coupon :)

I know, isn't it great? My only problem now is, I'd like to get at least two more of these kits, but my HL never stocks more than a single copy of each large scale kit, and they take an eternity to replace them once they've been sold. Guess I'll be doing a hard target search of the 4 other HL's within a 30 mile radius of my house :lol:

I know, isn't it great? My only problem now is, I'd like to get at least two more of these kits, but my HL never stocks more than a single copy of each large scale kit, and they take an eternity to replace them once they've been sold. Guess I'll be doing a hard target search of the 4 other HL's within a 30 mile radius of my house :lol:

i hear ya, i happened to be out of town for work and stopped at the HL where i was and they had it. my 'local' HL only seems to want to stock the mustang kit, they have had 3 of those for what seems like forever. i have 2 of the foose kits now, if my local store ever gets them, i'll probably end up with a third one :)

We dont have a spot for it at our HL. Maybe soon. Guess in need to go and buy the last 1/12 GT500 before its gone.

There's a 1/12 GT500 that's been sitting at my local HL forever now, maybe if I get it they'll fill the void with a pair of Camaros :)