Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 1/12 Scale '69 Camaro

The big wide distribution shipment hit most US distributors this week. The two days that no carriers picked up (except for FedEx on New Year's Eve) isn't helping getting them where they need to go quickly, but that's just he way it goes this time of year. We had ours on Tuesday, but only FedEx orders were able to go out. All others go out today.

We might not even get it, chances are only by import.

don't worry about that

it will be available at Tom's (dat weet jij wel)...just like the GT500..only different box art in the worst case..

it will be issued here ,i'll bank on that

Got one of my cases of the Revell 1/12 Foose `69 Camaro Z28s in today. Here is a quick shot of the box art, first glance into the box, and a quick look at the contents.

IMG_5450_zps1d672d86.jpg

IMG_5440_zps42babd53.jpg

IMG_5441_zpsac24b82a.jpg

IMG_5443_zps3b0d3c01.jpg

IMG_5444_zpsbd6a5cec.jpg

Rally wheels and I believe " pro stars" on this tree

IMG_5445_zps9d35bc45.jpg

IMG_5446_zps2309dec5.jpg

Nice new tires, nothing like the horrid 1/12 Shelby pucks...

IMG_5447_zpsc96ed17f.jpg

new Foose wheels

IMG_5448_zps30190ae0.jpg

and finally the decal sheet..... orange box art stripes and regular Z stripes.

IMG_5449_zps338ceb13.jpg

Looks like a great kit, right out of the box. No flash, all parts look crisp and clean. Chrome is excellent. Cant wait to start building these.

The rear wheel half hoops look very much like those in the 1/12 Shelby kit, and it appears this kit includes two different sized wheels/tires for the front and rear, too. Are all four tires the same width?

Can someone please measure the wheels and lmk what the diameter is?

Oh wow, we finally have black stripes!!!!!!! :)B) I will definitely pick one of these up.

I noticed though, the Goodyear Eagles that were in previous versions aren`t in the pictures? If not, what do they suggest you mount the "Pro Star" wheels into?

Tires are all 13/16" (2cm) wide.

Front wheels are 1-5/8" (4cm) diameter, not including lip that goes into tire.

Rear wheels are 1-3/4" (4.5cm) diameter, not including lip that goes into tire.

Thanks, Jordan.

Never really been into big scale, but after seeing the pics, now I want one!

It's a nice kit, but there are some odd things about it, perhaps more due to molding requirements. The "top" of the subframe with the battery on a post is a bit strange, and the way the oil pan and bellhousing lower third were molded separately is a bit different, but it probably allowed for a more detailed oil pan. I always thought the rearend assembly could've been a bit more realistic, too, but overall it builds up nicely.

The Goodyear Eagle ST tires are not included, correct?

They aren't mentioned in the instructions. I suppose you would have to scrounge a set if you wanted to use them, though it is better that they included them rather than getting rid of them.

Correct, the tires are not included in this issue.

Edited by Jordan White

Thanks for the great photo review Mike. ;) Two thumbs up mate.

And thank you Jordan for providing the wheel/tyre sizing. :) Was really hoping (wishing) for something a little larger than the regular 245 tyre size. :( (2cm = 2 x 12 [scale], pretty much = 245 wide tyre)

looking at these pictures ,it's just a reissue of the Streetmachinekit..2816..with the Foose wheels and different decals now

the one i built mine with a couple of months ago..

i really wanted white Z/28 stripes ,but they're black....so much for a frost green Z/28..

looks like a great kit though..i will be picking one up anyways..

Edited by heinz74