Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

internet gets cut off for maintenance today while I am using it...That is one thing that really makes me angry...

Oh yeah.

Our tech gurus are way up north in Carson City. They have no clue how busy the Las Vegas office is. The fact that it is the only 24/7/365 office left in the state goes right over their heads. Naturally they take everything down for maintenance starting at 5pm on a Friday. That's when we begin ramping up for the weekend. Loads of fun.

G

Mom is about done with her nursing home stay and we've been there day in and out, including Dad, who's there all day every day. Over the last few days, the nursing staff has been been saying Mom is just about the only one in there who gets visits like that from family! What is wrong with people?!

Not today, but last night was our clubs annual swap meet, and I completely bungled it, leaving the house too late, taking a wrong exit off the highway, and driving around lost for the better part of a half hour in an area that I have no familiarity with at all. Left my cell phone at home, so naturally I couldn't call anyone for directions. Irked? Oh yes.

No GPS in your vehicle either? I never use one as I've used MAP back in the 60's and it still works today.

I keep a Garmin GPS in the glove box of each car. I got them on sale for $100 each at Walmart a few years ago. Last summer we are in my wife's car, headed for a park that she said she knew where it was. Well, she didn't and soon enough we are lost on back roads through the woods. I reach for the glove box, and no GPS there! I ask and she tells me she keeps it in a kitchen drawer so it won't get stolen, and only brings it when she needs it. Well, we are lost now and need it... and I'm not overly worried that someone is going to steal a $100 4 year old GPS!