Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

While more sad than irked, I'm bummed out that Little Motor Kar Company has shut down. The last company that was re-plating model car parts.

But I'm also irked at myself for having bunch of parts I wanted to send out to them and procrastinating!   I still prefer vacuum metalized parts than painting them with one of the several available "chrome" paints.

• Sad 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:45 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

At the risk of getting hammered for bad-mouthing the PO again...I have two shipments MIA from two sellers several states apart, both showing the PO hasn't yet received them (though tracking numbers were issued on Feb. 26 and 28).

Both vendors insist they dropped them at the respective POs the day the tracking numbers were issued, but neither item has yet been scanned into the system anywhere.

I DEPEND on the PO for my business, as many of the items I use building cars aren't the sort of things I'd normally stock, and I plan my work, usually ordering what I know I'll need a couple weeks in advance JUST TO AVOID GETTING HUNG UP LIKE THIS.

If nothing happens on these by the 6th, I'll have no option but to put in for refunds and try to source NECESSARY replacements elsewhere.

As I said before, I DON'T get a salary. My income depends on what I produce, and I can't produce effectively if the PO keeps dropping the ball...which is becoming a regular occurance. 

USPS has apparently reorganized its "logistics" practices in my region.

Though the packages I referenced above have now been scanned into the system, NONE of the items have been delivered yet, some going on two weeks from one state away, and two more seem to have fallen into endless loops of abysmal stupidity.

Somebody explain to me how a package can go to the Atlanta distribution center (15 miles from my local PO, and where it used to take ONE DAY to get from there to my door), and travel back and forth to the WRONG TOWN 3 TIMES, and another one to A DIFFERENT WRONG TOWN TWICE so far.

If any of these were from the same vendor, I'd suspect there was a problem with addressing, but they're ALL from different originating POs.

I'm really impressed with the apparent now system-wide incompetence being demonstrated.

EDIT: And to anyone who thinks I'm too critical...YOU try to make a living being dependent on timely delivery of parts and materials THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE LOCALLY, and tell me how YOU like it when your stuff now routinely goes MIA.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, slusher said:

Pain this morning seems to going to be an all day thing…

Would showering you in kits lessen the pain?

(Not making a joke, an ex-colleague's mom has MS and it is no laughing matter)

Hope the pain goes away soon, you are one of the nicest people I have met on this forum.

• Like 1

This isn't an end of the world irk and actually started out as a "Holy Moly I can't believe my eyes". As I'm slowly going through my Dads furnishing, amongst Mom's old sewing stuff in the old Hoosier cabinet was this 1969 issued Revell Nomad .. Sadly it wasn't a kit and Mom had written in ink on the face and one side... Bummer but it's still a cool find from my younger years. I also found a few of our old family 8-track cassettes.. I'm starting to feel ancient but I'm enjoying the rekindled memories that every nook and cranny brings.

20240315_123117.jpg

20240315_123155.jpg

20240315_122001.jpg

• Like 1

i bought a bottle of rasberry juice on the way to a job interview today. I thought the interviewer was looking at me a bit funny but i put it down to me being much older than the other applicants. I just arrived home to find my teeth are bright blue

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:39 PM, A modeler named mike said:

This isn't an end of the world irk and actually started out as a "Holy Moly I can't believe my eyes". As I'm slowly going through my Dads furnishing, amongst Mom's old sewing stuff in the old Hoosier cabinet was this 1969 issued Revell Nomad .. Sadly it wasn't a kit and Mom had written in ink on the face and one side... Bummer but it's still a cool find from my younger years. I also found a few of our old family 8-track cassettes.. I'm starting to feel ancient but I'm enjoying the rekindled memories that every nook and cranny brings.

20240315_123117.jpg

20240315_123155.jpg

20240315_122001.jpg

I had an 8 track in my pinto in 1980 and later in 82 in my 80 dodge pick up. Now I feel old..

7 minutes ago, slusher said:

I had an 8 track in my pinto in 1980 and later in 82 in my 80 dodge pick up. Now I feel old..

Don't feel old buddy, Heck at almost 64 I still refuse to grow up, kid at heart. The 8 track unit I owned had a dash mount bracket and its two speakers permanently mounted on the sides. I used it in a few of my rides till it wore out. Those were the days!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, A modeler named mike said:

...I still refuse to grow up, kid at heart. The 8 track unit I owned had a dash mount bracket and its two speakers permanently mounted on the sides...

I put either a Muntz or a Lear Jet 8-track player under the dash of my mother's '63 Olds that I often drove in HS. The car got away after her death in the '80s, but I tracked it down in Texas and brought it back here to restore. I think it needs an 8-track again, but only if I can find the oh-so-cool Pink Panther and Bond movie tapes that were my dating background music.  B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
CLARITY
  • Like 2

Anyone else remember the Verbasonic rear seat speaker from before the '65 GTO made them popular? Also had a 45-rpm record player that mounted under the dash, all before 8 tracks became the thing to have. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, espo said:

Anyone else remember the Verbasonic rear seat speaker...

Yup. "Vibrasonic".

https://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2019/04/motorola-vibrasonic-something-i-dont.html

I seem to recall there's a reference to "Vibrasonic Sound" in the Beach Boys Custom Machine.

EDIT: Yup.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Had a crown break while eating a sandwich at lunch today. I had broken one on the other side of my mouth a couple of weeks ago and the dentist did the impressions and sent them off for a new crown and installed a temporary crown on that side. Now I have to go get another temporary crown for the side that broke today. 

1 minute ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Thats the one. Good old PEP BOYS. The rear seat speaker had about a 10 second delay on the sound and sounded very unique at the time. I had load leveler shocks on the back and when you went over a bump a certain way or at speed the rear seat speaker would make a noise like you had crashed into something or bottomed out on the road. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, espo said:

Had a crown break while eating a sandwich at lunch today.   NOT LAUGHING AT THIS PART.

I had load leveler shocks on the back and when you went over a bump a certain way or at speed the rear seat speaker would make a noise like you had crashed into something or bottomed out on the road.      LAUGHING AT THIS PART.   :D

• Thanks 1