Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

10 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

Inconsiderate neighbors: Last night my neighbor decided he needed to fire his guns for two hours. In Ohio your allowed to discharge firearms in townships.

greg

You need to get an old Starters Cannon, like they used to use for starting sailboat races, and see how he likes that. Be sure and get yourself some ear plugs.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/20/2024 at 12:33 PM, Keef said:

Hence the reason I refuse to buy a new car with one of those fancy “turn the knob” shifters. I’m afraid I’ll be driving and Steppenwolf will come on the radio and when I go to turn it down I’ll be instantly parked in the middle of the freeway.

If Steppenwolf comes on my car radio I turn it UP!

steve 😄

• Like 2

Blood pressure on the rise the last few days. A little over two years ago there was a tragic accident where the driveway of the condo complex I live in meets the main road. A car at high speed jumped the curb and struck a small tree, a street light and finally a group of seven and eight year old Girl Guides and their leaders. One little girl was killed and others left with what are described as life altering injuries. The court case started last week and the details coming out indicate it was much more horrific than originally imagined. The driver says her brakes failed and since the car had been serviced earlier that day the dealership must have done something to make the car malfunction. The cars data recorder indicates the accelerator was 99% to the floor and the speed was 120 km/hr. slowing slightly to 100 km/hr. when the stability controls kicked in as she closed in on the street light. Seems like a case of confusing the pedals as she has said that while trying to slow down the car just sped up. When asked by police how the brake pedal felt she responded "like a gas pedal".

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, imarriedawitch said:

Blood pressure on the rise the last few days. A little over two years ago there was a tragic accident where the driveway of the condo complex I live in meets the main road. A car at high speed jumped the curb and struck a small tree, a street light and finally a group of seven and eight year old Girl Guides and their leaders. One little girl was killed and others left with what are described as life altering injuries. The court case started last week and the details coming out indicate it was much more horrific than originally imagined. The driver says her brakes failed and since the car had been serviced earlier that day the dealership must have done something to make the car malfunction. The cars data recorder indicates the accelerator was 99% to the floor and the speed was 120 km/hr. slowing slightly to 100 km/hr. when the stability controls kicked in as she closed in on the street light. Seems like a case of confusing the pedals as she has said that while trying to slow down the car just sped up. When asked by police how the brake pedal felt she responded "like a gas pedal".

Sounds like pilot error to me. Tragic for the young children. 

• Like 1

They switched my favorite classic rock station to country.Are you kidding me?I mean there was no word about switching format..Sorry to anyone who likes country,but I’d rather be deaf,then listen to country muzak.🤮

• Sad 4

I washed my Wallet.

I hope the magnetic stripe on my ID cards isn't ruined.

I'm upset with myself. I normally check the pockets on my jeans. Had some kind of Brain Fart.... Old age, or just distraction? I just don't know.

Well, I needed a new SSN card anyway.

Edited by stavanzer

5 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

I washed my Wallet.

I'm upset with myself. I normally check the pockets on my jeans. Had some kind of Brain Fart.... Old age, or just distraction? I just don't know.

From what I read you'll be ok as long as it didn't go through the dryer. But you'll ultimately know when you go to make a purchase.. Don't beat yourself up, we're all guilty of performing stupid acts as we grow older. I speak from experience!

2 hours ago, stavanzer said:

I washed my Wallet.

Don't feel bad. My wife still forgets to remove the Kleenex from her pockets before doing the wash. Tired of picking the lint out of my BVD's.  

9 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

From what I read you'll be ok as long as it didn't go through the dryer. But you'll ultimately know when you go to make a purchase.. Don't beat yourself up, we're all guilty of performing stupid acts as we grow older. I speak from experience!

The thumping noise from the dryer is what alerted me to the problem.

Nothing is bent or warped, so I may be okay.

my local car parts place is trying to convince me duplicolour matt black paint and black primer are the same thing. even when i take in evidence that one is paint and one is primer (the paint crazes styrene, the primer doesn't) they refuse to admit they are wrong. i just want them to get me the right thing. They have simoniz black primer and matt black paint (but its watery garbage) so its obvious they are 2 different things yet they cant see that

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

my local car parts place is trying to convince me duplicolour matt black paint and black primer are the same thing. even when i take in evidence that one is paint and one is primer (the paint crazes styrene, the primer doesn't) they refuse to admit they are wrong. i just want them to get me the right thing. They have simoniz black primer and matt black paint (but its watery garbage) so its obvious they are 2 different things yet they cant see that

Best thing to do in a case like that is insist on the part number that's on the product you want.

Devising workarounds to get past idiots is becoming increasingly necessary. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slusher said:

AT&T  had a data breech….

Yup, a big one.

So people should expect to see an uptick in fraudulent emails coming from supposedly legit sources, trying to get you to divulge info like credit-card and SS numbers.

Everybody...pay attention.

3 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Let me guess...

They have the flat black paint in stock, but would need to order the primer...

On 3/31/2024 at 8:10 AM, NYLIBUD said:

They switched my favorite classic rock station to country.Are you kidding me?I mean there was no word about switching format..Sorry to anyone who likes country,but I’d rather be deaf,then listen to country muzak.🤮

I’m just joking guys.🤣I actually do like some country music,some…Just annoyed that they switched my favorite classic rock/metal station.

• Like 1