Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

This happened to my Ford Edge at the car wash...  

eyGkuKd.jpg

It's a minor annoyance,  not really "irking" me... but it happened. $25 will buy a used one on eBay or I might try 3D printing one. 

My son stopped over to borrow my truck and mentioned he had to replace one on his Edge from the same thing happening.  His Edge is a year older with a different grille or I would have "borrowed" his just to have some fun. 

So i’ve got Woody the Woodpecker tapping on a tree right outside my window.All day and night,this stupid little bird just keeps pecking away.I never realized how loud they can be.Id like to take the thing out with my bow,but I can’t see it,I just hear it.🤬🫨

1 minute ago, ranma said:

That tree must have a insect infestation problem. The woodpecker are after them..

That's the diagnosis my neighbor had with a group of dying and dead trees in her yard. I hear pecking all day long. I have even seen the woodpeckers peck the heck out of ants in the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ranma said:

That tree must have an insect infestation problem. The woodpecker are after them..

Ah,I gotcha,thanks for the info.I mean the tree appears to be healthy,but who knows.But if I see the thing,I’m going to try to take it out.🤷‍♂️😵

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Ah,I gotcha,thanks for the info.I mean the tree appears to be healthy,but who knows.But if I see the thing,I’m going to try to take it out.🤷‍♂️😵

You might want to consider that some woodpeckers are federally protected species, you could get in a fair bit of unpleasantness (including very stiff fines) if you destroy or maim one, and that it's generally illegal to intentionally kill most wild birds without a permit of some sort or another.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

You might want to consider that some woodpeckers are federally protected species, you could get in a fair bit of unpleasantness if you destroy or maim one, and that it's generally illegal to intentionally kill most wild birds without a permit of some sort or another.

No i know,I’m not really going to kill the bird.I can’t even see it,I just hear it.Not to mention,I wouldn’t start shooting a crossbow near my neighbors house.No,I’d like to,but I was joking.However,it continues to peck away out there,even now,at 2 am my time.I just happen to be up doing some work on my bike,can’t sleep.And I’ll tell ya,this little guy sounds like a nail gun.He must want something in that tree..Thank you though for the tip sir.🐦🙉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

...However,it continues to peck away out there,even now,at 2 am my time.I just happen to be up doing some work on my bike,can’t sleep.And I’ll tell ya,this little guy sounds like a nail gun.He must want something in that tree...

That's really weird.

I live on a wooded lot, and have at least 4 species of woodpeckers because of several bug-infested dead trees, and trees with dead limbs.

I've never ever heard one after dusk. 

37 minutes ago, A modeler named mike said:

As long as you're ok...that's what's important. Hopefully you didn't get bruised, cut or have broken/fractured bones in this fall. 

I’m all bruised up with yellow and purple bruises. I am having trouble walking in the house now.

1 minute ago, slusher said:

I’m all bruised up with yellow and purple bruises. I am having trouble walking in the house now.

Sorry Carl you're having this problem, I feel for you buddy..  My 70 plus year old Aunt fell last week coming out of a restaurant, her balance gets thrown off quickly causing to fall. I saw her the day she fell, other than the big knot on her forehead she looked ok until the next day. She looked like a raccoon with black eyes and had purple and greenish cheeks.  

Since I bought the 62 Buick Electra convertible from E Bay over the weekend as my next project, I've gotten slammed with 11 offers to buy builds at reduced prices that I haven't even looked at. I turned them all down. It's like having to deal with used car salesmen who use high pressure sales tactics on anybody who's just walking past their lots. 

Edited by John M.

13 hours ago, slusher said:

Sure hope you feel better.👍👍

Edited by NYLIBUD

On 4/22/2024 at 1:59 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

That's really weird.

I live on a wooded lot, and have at least 4 species of woodpeckers because of several bug-infested dead trees, and trees with dead limbs.

I've never ever heard one after dusk. 

Yes,I thought so too.Its gets dark,the birds are quiet,with the exception of a seagull or a crow.But I’m telling you this thing has been pecking away day and night,it seems.Just late last night,it finally took a break,& stopped,thank God.Anyway,how big do Woodpeckers get?And I always thought that they making the tree their homes.