Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

It would be nice if we didn't have to look over our shoulders in case we had to take cover on the other side of the van and 200 because of any possible stray fireworks. Just glad it been ranining so much around here, less chance of something catching fire.

Both work on same principle. An explosive charge launches thecpayload. Also that package says motar.

Yup, and if those guys suffer any from PTSD and were trying to help us last night, they very well may have spent more time on the ground and/or taking cover on the other side of the van and 200 than anything else while we were changing that flat, it was that close to the station we were in!

My dogs were scared to death last night, it sounded like a war zone right next to my home, and went well beyond a reasonable time for quality entertainment.

I remember one of my dogs that would go hide in an interior bathroom during fireworks. My last dog Ted couldn't have cared less. There he'd be asleep on the couch as the sky fell around him.

I live in a neighborhood where all the well to do folks are at their beach houses for the weekend, so it's been relatively quiet. That's quiet to the point that our guests on Friday said they didn't see a single person in our development on their way to our house. And I like it that way!

It sounded like a war zone about 12:30 here last night so much it woke me up.

Would really like to see it limited to public displays only. Kinda surprised that tgey still sell any of them considering we get warning labels for food you heat in the microwave will be hot.

As far as thunderstorms her cat had taken refuge under one of the beds. I tried to cox the cat out but got the look your an idiot and I'm staying right hear. Vry unsettling to say tge least.

What's funny around me is that the West Chicago PD didn't really do much, but from around 12:00-12:30am on, I never heard another boom the last couple nights?! Wonder if they're letting it kinda slide, so long as it's not past midnight.......

Maybe they were too busy ferrying the wounded to emergency rooms? "AAAARRRGGGHHH! My hand!"

Drunk guy in Maine yesterday had the genius idea to try and launch a rocket from the top of his head.

Died instantly. Serves him right.

This kind of "attitude" irks me...

.you're pleased someone died huh? God help you....

Edited by mike 51

This kind of "attitude" irks me...

.you're pleased someone died huh? God help you....

Pleased, no. With any luck though, his stupidity will be an educational to others so they know not to be stupid, or let others be that stupid in their presence............although with alcohol involved, that's still too much to hope for.....

Pleased, no. With any luck though, his stupidity will be an educational to others so they know not to be stupid, or let others be that stupid in their presence............although with alcohol involved, that's still too much to hope for.....

I agree Joe..but that's not the context I responded to.

Edited by mike 51

My dogs were scared to death last night, it sounded like a war zone right next to my home, and went well beyond a reasonable time for quality entertainment.

Gabe,

Try a "Thundershirt" for each of your dogs. Works very well with most dogs for fireworks or thunderstorms. I've had a couple of dogs that were scared to death of thunder and fireworks; just couldn't calm them down. Got a Thundershirt and it worked wonders! One of the dogs would go to the dresser where it was kept and 'point' . . . upon hearing the first rolls of thunder. He couldn't wait to get in the Thundershirt!

They're available in various sizes at Petsmart, probably Petco, and Target (I think).

No guarantees, but you'll likely be glad you tried it.

Gabe,

Try a "Thundershirt" for each of your dogs. Works very well with most dogs for fireworks or thunderstorms. I've had a couple of dogs that were scared to death of thunder and fireworks; just couldn't calm them down. Got a Thundershirt and it worked wonders! One of the dogs would go to the dresser where it was kept and 'point' . . . upon hearing the first rolls of thunder. He couldn't wait to get in the Thundershirt!

They're available in various sizes at Petsmart, probably Petco, and Target (I think).

No guarantees, but you'll likely be glad you tried it.

I'm curious, what exactly does a Thundershirt do?

My dogs didn't seem to react much to the fireworks last night... the main city fireworks show was a few miles away and wasn't very loud in the house..kept the dog door closed and the tv fairly loud.most of them dozed through the evening, one did bark a fair bit off and on...

Edited by Rob Hall

Found out after work why Dad had a flat yesterday, somehow, the tire valve back out nearly all the way out of the stem on the right rear.........while it was sitting in the lot at the nursing facility Mom is currently in....... Luckily, since he had to take it to a local NTB since he couldn't find his tool for that, they actually fixed it for free! They also offered to put the tire back on, but he didn't want to press his luck and risk getting charged for that, so he brought it home and swapped it back around himself.