Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Linkedin is a strange place sometimes...I get recruiters from all over the country contacting me through there for positions I'd only marginally be interested in. I get developers in India wanting to connect (whom I suspect want to connect w/ potential H1-B sponsors).

Edited by Rob Hall

LinkedIn is a great networking tool. I am linked to many folks I used to work with, who with mass layoffs at our companies, are working in all kinds of different places. It's nice to know how folks are doing, and to be able to reach out to them either personally or professionally from time to time. If I find something interesting in just about any company in my industry, I check and sure enough I know folks there. Oh, and I got my last THREE positions through LinkedIn.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Eclectic- The number of illiterates who miss use the heck out of the word, thinking that they sound smart! Eclectic does not mean a miss matched collection of junk! This is only #2 behind horrific. Friking every news caster on the planet seems to think that they must use this word 20 times in every broadcast. Every accident, crime, storm damage is not horrific. Get a thesaurus and try adding a little color to the language!

Eclectic- The number of illiterates who miss use the heck out of the word, thinking that they sound smart! Eclectic does not mean a miss matched collection of junk! This is only #2 behind horrific. Friking every news caster on the planet seems to think that they must use this word 20 times in every broadcast. Every accident, crime, storm damage is not horrific. Get a thesaurus and try adding a little color to the language!

man, I knoes what eclectic meanz. I gotts me a eclectic car dat I plugz in to chaage the battrees. :D