Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

My Wife's mood (just....bad,LOL),and my oldest (graduated HS back in June,18 sinc February) is wanting to move out and move in with a friend to split the rent so she can get a taste of adulthood (a friend whose also female,non-romantically at least,LOL :P )....I guess that's life though,didn't expect her to stay forever :unsure:

Edited by Olskoolrodder

People in the express lane with a whole cartload of groceries

He's a big dude with a medicine ball belly who seems dimly aware of his surroundings, she's all tatted-up and obviously tweaking on meth

they had two sons, the oldest of which was dutifully bagging up their groceries when their EBT card ran out and they started to have to pull big packages of steaks and chops out

the store employee in the adjacent checkout line says "hey, you're pretty good at that, you should apply for a job... are you 16?"

The kid says "in two months", and gives him a big grin

they finally get their groceries all together and as they're leaving the kid turns to the people in the checkout line and says "sorry about the delay, folks"

it broke my heart

tough part of town in the summer months. folks don't understand leaving the door open in traffic causes a general bottleneck on a two lane road with parking on both sides. surfboards, coolers, & beach chairs need to be unloaded from the curb side. and if there is something blocking a lane of travel, it is not okay to come into the travel lane going in the other direction.

I agree with you on that as many drivers today are VERY inconsiderate of other drivers, and don't have the sense enough to unload on the curbside. MANY drivers are on the roads today with the "Hurray for me FY" attitude.

+3 on that--we call it the "Me first!!! I'm more specialer than you!!!" syndrom,LOL :P

LinkedIn is a great networking tool. I am linked to many folks I used to work with, who with mass layoffs at our companies, are working in all kinds of different places. It's nice to know how folks are doing, and to be able to reach out to them either personally or professionally from time to time. If I find something interesting in just about any company in my industry, I check and sure enough I know folks there. Oh, and I got my last THREE positions through LinkedIn.

Same basic reasons I joined too, but almost without exception, all of my contacts (there really aren't all that many), are all in the same positions and with the same companies, as they were four years ago.

I made the mistake of making an honest observation on what is apparently a "sensitive" issue (not here), and was immediately hammered by several folks, none of which showed me the least bit of civility that they themselves seem to believe they're entitled to, and that irked me greatly.

I made the mistake of making an honest observation on what is apparently a "sensitive" issue (not here), and was immediately hammered by several folks, none of which showed me the least bit of civility that they themselves seem to believe they're entitled to, and that irked me greatly.

I agree. The lack of civility and respect for others is dismaying and yet the worst offenders expect to be treated with respect and civility themselves.