Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

I've done it both ways Nick, I still prefer having 4wd for the snow.

Yeah, my first 6 years of winter driving were with an underpowered RWD car (w/ snow tires on all 4 wheels, Quikcrete mix bags in the trunk). I got around NE Ohio pretty well in it..after that, I've always had a 4x4 SUV and prefer the ground clearance and traction. Not an issue here in Phoenix, though.

Yeah, my first 6 years of winter driving were with an underpowered RWD car (w/ snow tires on all 4 wheels, Quikcrete mix bags in the trunk). I got around NE Ohio pretty well in it..after that, I've always had a 4x4 SUV and prefer the ground clearance and traction. Not an issue here in Phoenix, though.

If I lived by you? I'd still find ways to use the 4wd..... :D

I find that many people who have 4X4 or so called "off road" vehicles are only "off road" when they're in their driveway. And the places they show a vehicle can go in the vehicle they're advertising are probably only frequented by 1 in 2,000 4X4 vehicles, or maybe even bigger odds than that. Today we have ROADS so people don't have to go over mountains, rivers, streams, snow capped peaks, like the pioneers used to do.

I find that many people who have 4X4 or so called "off road" vehicles are only "off road" when they're in their driveway. And the places they show a vehicle can go in the vehicle they're advertising are probably only frequented by 1 in 2,000 4X4 vehicles, or maybe even bigger odds than that. Today we have ROADS so people don't have to go over mountains, rivers, streams, snow capped peaks, like the pioneers used to do.

Yes, I've driven a number of roads around here that could be considered off roading if they weren't paved ;)

Plug boots are easy, Ray. I use telephone wire insulation.

IMG_3065-vi.jpg

I've been using the scale heater hoses for boots. They come in black and red. I cut a ton of them in one sitting and keep them in my 50 drawer unit. When I need to wire an engine, I spill the drawer on my bench and pick out 9 that are approx. the same length.

Driving to work at 1 am in freezing rain and being forced off the road into the ditch by oncoming car in my lane, waiting for a tow and missing my shift

What is it with these idiots lately? I haven't have any near head on incidents yet, but I've had people blow past, tail gate, and nearly pull out in front of me the last few days as the crappy weather has moved in. I'm almost afraid to drive to and from work the next couple days since the weather is supposed to get even worse tonight.

Trying to find out why I'm blocked by a seller on Ebay. I have 100% positive FB as a BUYER ??? Can't even ask this seller what's up with that??? :(

Have you bought anything from the seller before? Speaking of sellers, something that irks me with them is when they refuse to leave feedback before I do. Very few do it. But, it's annoying to me when they do. Some have even had the nerve to send me a message demanding to know why I haven't left feedback for them. I always answer them with," because you haven't." Some have then went and left feedback. Others, still won't. I bought a promo over a month ago and the seller still hasn't left feedback. When I pay for an item, I've done my part of the deal. I may start leaving neutral feedback for those sellers.

Edited by plowboy

We walk down to the Case / IH dealer and watch the rubber tires on the tractors rot.... :(

That has nothing to do with the economy. They're total junk. I know. My father bought a new one in 2010. Worst tractor I've had the misfortune of having to operate. I could write a full page and then some about what a POS they are. I'm sure the word has got out on them. I know I've told everyone who's asked about my father's tractor to buy anything but a Case IH tractor.

I was just trying to be funny, as if that's the only thing we can afford to do, and the tractors are sitting unsold long enough to have the tires rot. I could have said John Deer but the dealer is too far away to walk to.

Things are going to get more business friendly before anything gets better.

Edited by Craig Irwin