Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

On 5/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, Snake45 said:

I'm beginning to be annoyed by the phrase "so good." It first came to my attention last year in that Toyota commercial with the semi-hot girl in red and the semi-famous wrestling announcer, which I must have seen about 75,000 times. Now I'm starting to hear it other places, as if it's a thing. 

I'm NOT talking about the phrase as part of a complete sentence, such as "That was so good" or "Their new album is so good." I mean when it's just thrown out there on its own. "So good." Maybe it's the new "awesome." :rolleyes:

We have different tastes as I don't think that Pam is semi-hot at all and I've seen Toyota commercials 'bout a million times. 

1 hour ago, High octane said:

We have different tastes as I don't think that Pam is semi-hot at all 

Well now I have to ask: Do you think she's more than semi-hot, or less than semi-hot? :unsure::lol:

(I described her as such because I think she's attractive, but also annoying for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.) 

4 hours ago, High octane said:

We have different tastes as I don't think that Pam is semi-hot at all and I've seen Toyota commercials 'bout a million times. 

I always wondered how she got the job being annoying and not pretty. But some guys find her hot. My brother thinks Flo on Progressive car insurance commercials is hot. I think they didn’t remove all of his cataracts.  ..

42 minutes ago, slusher said:

I always wondered how she got the job being annoying and not pretty. But some guys find her hot. My brother thinks Flo on Progressive car insurance commercials is hot. I think they didn’t remove all of his cataracts.  ..

I agree about the cataracts. LOL!

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Well now I have to ask: Do you think she's more than semi-hot, or less than semi-hot? :unsure::lol:

(I described her as such because I think she's attractive, but also annoying for some reason I can't quite put my finger on.) 

Less for sure IMHO.

Being banned for doing the right thing. Obviously this forum is full of cliques and you scratch my back people in charge. I did nothing wrong in my apology thread . Xingu you know that full well. There are a handful of good people here but most are a bunch of self righteous know it alls. 

Well, actually you were not banned. You were just issued a warning point. Now, given the message you sent about the moderators here, you might be banned. We will discuss and let you know.

My isp is banned. I tried to get on via that and it said banned you are not allowed to view. So again whatever. In my apology thread i did nothing wrong. Its noy my fault people pick fights with each other. I have no option but to feel you are very partial.

3 hours ago, Xingu said:

Well, actually you were not banned. You were just issued a warning point. Now, given the message you sent about the moderators here, you might be banned. We will discuss and let you know.

You say "we" will discuss . Sorry I don't understand are you a moderator Mr xingu ?

On 5/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, Classicgas said:

My isp is banned. I tried to get on via that and it said banned you are not allowed to view. So again whatever. In my apology thread i did nothing wrong. Its noy my fault people pick fights with each other. I have no option but to feel you are very partial.

That makes no sense (as far as banning or restricting  a member goes).  Banning on all the forums I ever participated on is done per member's account (not per ISP).  There must be something else going on.  If an ISP was banned from accessing the forum, that could include multiple members (if they were also using that ISP).

And since you are still positing messages to this forum (from a different device connected through a different provider?), you don't seem to be banned.

Edited by peteski

13 hours ago, Ctmodeler said:

You say "we" will discuss . Sorry I don't understand are you a moderator Mr xingu ?

We have several moderators here. When it comes to banning someone, we discuss and try to come to an agreement on if it is justified.

On 5/25/2020 at 12:12 PM, Classicgas said:

Please PM me the IP address that isn't working. It might have belonged to someone else at some point who was banned. 

Dropped in a new engine in my truck the other day. I was exited to start putting all the rest of the engine all back together again and finally start driving it by Monday, but my excitement was soon crushed when I discovered that the transmission was loose in the rear end. On closer inspection I found out that something cast aluminum snapped, and it wasn't the transmission mount. And then it started to rain, literally.

This....
Bottom 4 pieces are the feed line to the fuelfilter on my suburban, the top 3 pieces are the returnline from the engine to the fueltank.
Somehow i managed to drive it almost 570km,s home with holes in both lines, it did not go fast as i had to stay below 1500rpm, anything over and it would get in air and start to run bad or die.
It did die 1 time when i was almost home so i had to call a co worker and ask if he could bring an extra battery before those in the suburban ran out with all the cranking needed to get the engine to run again after i have bleed all air out fo the filterhousing.
Then i finaly got home almost 23hours after i started driving.
Stopped at a few friends along the way to spend the night there as i did not want to drive it during the night if it were to just die and not start at all again.

When i looked at it when i got home the frame at the left rear wheel was covered in diesel and it was dripping from the towhitch.
After alot of not childfriendly words i managed to replace the bad parts with fuelline of rubber instead of steel and now it runs better then before.
Also found out how little room there are between the tank and frame where the lines go in a suburban i could barely get my hands in there to reach the lines.
IMG_20200526_203449.thumb.jpg.88eb876689b482fe252d7d212365b9ff.jpg

54 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Having heard it about 800 times in the last two weeks, I'm Officially Sick Of GEICO's "Savage dance moves" radio commercial. 

Is that the one with the whole family is dancing an tap dancing? I am sick of it also...

28 minutes ago, slusher said:

Is that the one with the whole family is dancing an tap dancing? I am sick of it also...

No, that's a TV commercial. That one's kinda cute. I'm talking about the radio version of a different TV commercial. 

1 hour ago, slusher said:

That one is funny since they are upstairs tenants. When I first got married we lived in a downstairs apartment and the couple who lived upstairs from us walked especially loud. We named them “The Leg Irons”.  And it got worse.. they got a dog and every evening they’d play ball.. first we’d hear the ball bounce the length of the apartment.... followed by dog toe nails scrambling on the slippery hardwood floor! Fun!