Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats To Much? 24cyl. 12 superchargers, (( updated 11-13))

Whats to much? who needs two or more engines, when one will do the trick.

24 cylinders, 12 superchargers, 29 liters, 9000 lbs,,

found this on Grass roots motorsports,,,,,,,,, its not too much?? is it.?

Wonder what the price tag is on this...?? (( there is a video of this running ))

11-13 *** new update on body and what it will look like,, it would make a cool model *********

##(( ya have to read the article about it,,There are Four blowers down the middle under all that)##

blownmotors_zps0f9f546c.jpg

post-9659-0-18216600-1384384378_thumb.jp

Edited by rel14

9000lbs just for the engine. then it will be much heavier just for a chassis that can support it.. How much power is it making? Because there are single engines with ONE super charger making around 8,000 HP..

tony-schumacher-top-fuel-dragster.jpg

Now for your question, when is it too much.. To me I'm not sure it is "too much" as much as it is just plain inefficiency. Let me explain as I am talking engine output per dollar. 987BHP Bugatti Veyron W16 engine and 4 turbo chargers (Not sure what the engine costs, but the Transmission is $120,000.00 to replace) . 4.8 L LS motor out of a chevy Silverado will make just as much power with about $6,000.00 invested.. Stock bottom end on these motors was proven to hold up till 1200HP and then only the rod bolts failed. Friend of mine has a stock bottom end 4.8 running 8.8sec 1/4 passes. Got the engine out of a junk yard for ~$300.00. Stock bottom end with LS6 Cam, LS9 head gaskets, Texas speed heads, FAST Intake and Precision turbo and made 700RWHP on pump gas with 200r4 Transmission and a loose converter. Drove it 6 hours to the track, ran 8.8 pass and then drove it home all while getting 26MPG. Oh BTW Bugatti Veyron gets 8MPG.... So I tend to look at things HP/dollar wise. Right now, not much beats the 4.8 and 5.3 LS motors... as they are plentiful and extremely cheap to build and they have 6 bolt mains and a great rod angle. They can take anything you throw at them.. So yes, IMHO Too Much when I look at it from a HP/Dollar perspective..

Edit: In before the reliability police question my buddies 4.8. He runs the car HARD every week end the track is open. Does points series with the car and has A LOT of passes on the motor with out any issues..

Edited by RadialDragon

9000lbs just for the engine. then it will be much heavier just for a chassis that can support it.. How much power is it making? Because there are single engines with ONE super charger making around 8,000 HP..

tony-schumacher-top-fuel-dragster.jpg

Now for your question, when is it too much.. To me I'm not sure it is "too much" as much as it is just plain inefficiency. Let me explain as I am talking engine output per dollar. 987BHP Bugatti Veyron W16 engine and 4 turbo chargers (Not sure what the engine costs, but the Transmission is $120,000.00 to replace) . 4.8 L LS motor out of a chevy Silverado will make just as much power with about $6,000.00 invested.. Stock bottom end on these motors was proven to hold up till 1200HP and then only the rod bolts failed. Friend of mine has a stock bottom end 4.8 running 8.8sec 1/4 passes. Got the engine out of a junk yard for ~$300.00. Stock bottom end with LS6 Cam, LS9 head gaskets, Texas speed heads, FAST Intake and Precision turbo and made 700RWHP on pump gas with 200r4 Transmission and a loose converter. Drove it 6 hours to the track, ran 8.8 pass and then drove it home all while getting 26MPG. Oh BTW Bugatti Veyron gets 8MPG.... So I tend to look at things HP/dollar wise. Right now, not much beats the 4.8 and 5.3 LS motors... as they are plentiful and extremely cheap to build and they have 6 bolt mains and a great rod angle. They can take anything you throw at them.. So yes, IMHO Too Much when I look at it from a HP/Dollar perspective..

Edit: In before the reliability police question my buddies 4.8. He runs the car HARD every week end the track is open. Does points series with the car and has A LOT of passes on the motor with out any issues..

26mpg? Surely thats not right

This is my best mate Stu's Scooby that he races in the HKS and Jap car drag series. 900 bhp on gas and his best time is 10.26. mpg is around 5 mpg

IMG_9791ptm10dj.jpg

Multi Supercharged truck engine is truly awesome :) wonder wether it's simply a feat of engineering, or going to be used in pulling? I reckon if it was, it could pull an entire city!

Edited by Ridgeback