Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slingster #2

2002p51

Cranked out the second Slingster kit.

coupe01-vi.jpg

coupe05-vi.jpg

coupe02-vi.jpg

coupe04-vi.jpg

There you have it. The base color is Testors 1127 Orange in the little square bottle. The funky hand painted flames are Guards Red and Bright Yellow with a hand painted white pin stripe. Since I used up two kits worth of blowers on my previous twin-engined car, I dug the blower parts for this one from my spares boxes. I didn't put a drag chute on the back of this car for two reasons; one, not every car used one in those days and, two, I really wanted to use that cool pin stripe decal on the back! :lol:

And as a testament to the simplicity of this kit, I built this one in basically just one day.

This is a fun kit.

So let the comments begin!

Straight up build right from the sixties --- Nice stuff ---- !!!!!!

(I still wonder what happened to the original kits that I had ---- this tells me the reissue is worth acquiring.)

Oh yeah ---- and the parts box air scoop kinda sets it apart from an OOB job --- neat touch really --- and no drag Chute ---- no problem!!!

Any way I probably forgot the doggone thing (drag chute) when I built this when I was ten ---- and I am still forgetting stuff!!! ;O)