Model Cars Magazine Forum

You have to be kidding me. . .

JM485

Take a zero out and move the comma and the price would be perhaps more realistic..it's just a 302 automatic w/ an AM radio and some custom wheels, not even a Mach 1. Without the wheels and paint, it's what, maybe a $5000-10000k car? A base '72 fastback...

Edited by Rob Hall

I figure max 10k for the car, another 10k for the paint, throw in another 5k for the interior, and 2.5k tops for the wheels / tires. Another 5k for the belts / hoses, manifold, carb...

That's $32,500. Where's the rest of the value on this?

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I watched that episode and they didn't spend too much building that car. What boggles my mind is the fact that in the same episode they found and auctioned at JB a 1969 Boss 429 black on black that was all orginal for a lot less than that 72. Someone had more money than sense. IMO. Just think what you could buy for 200 grand.

crazy I tell ya. new paint [but we didn't do the door jambs, or even the spare wheel, lol] we got her running, but spent no time detailing the engine compartment, or neatening up the wires/vac lines etc. we left the underside 'patina'd' so you can deal with the rust/BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH looking underside, oh and if that's the finished interior, the door panels look like the originals [note the wrinkles and bumps in spots].

oh well, it is what it is, a fool and his money.................

Still, 51k is still way to high for that car!

I honestly like the show a lot, and I think the cars they really dive deep into turn out well. It's the ones like this mustang that they start up a few times, throw some paint on, and then sell that I would stay away from. Richard isn't stupid, he knows that those cars are what will make him the quick money and that people will keep buying them. There's a reason he has been so successful, he knows what will sell and builds his cars accordingly. Aron's race car seemed like it was pretty cool, as was the bandit Trans Am, I wouldn't mind owning either of those! Haha

Well all the junk on craigslist will have another zero added on the price now. Things were just starting to come back down to reality . After the last BJ auction rusted out camaro bodies with no doors, subframe or anything else that was held in place by bolts , clips or welds skyrocketed with that catch phrase - You know what this would be worth fixed up :rolleyes:

Must have been a typo. I checked the bidding history... it was never at $200,000.

No typo Harry, this morning when I made the post the car was up at over 200,000 dollars. The bid history must have been deleted with the fraudulent bids.