Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slant six rail with trailer

realgone58

I've had my slant six rail done for quite some time, but recently got a vintage car trailer in a trade from another board member. It was one of the clear "display" trailers. I shot the frame and tounge in "utility" green, changed out the tires and wheels to wide whites with chrome reverse, used some parts box dagmar tail lights, fenders and front storage box are light green metallic, and I used Spaz-Stix on the body to simulate aluminum. This thing was a bear to get lined up, and it is off a little here and there, but makes for a good shelf model to go along with my dragster. I may throw a hitch on my green '60 Plymouth wagon to tow it with.

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG

IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3823.JPG

IMG_3824.JPG

Yea! I like that a whole lot as a slant six guy! Honestly I never gave that trailer kit a second look because of the clear aspect. Now I want one! Your build up is so convincing as a 1950s trailer. Do hitch up that Plymouth wagon for the total package!

The only sad part is that it's not a Galaxie trailer! If so, that would be a sure contender in the Model Cars Magazine / Galaxie contest!

Very nice Al. I'd like to see more close up pictures of the rail. I really like what I'm seeing.

I too have one those clear trailers in my stash. The trouble is, I want keep it clear. As you mention, it looks like it's very hard to get the sides and top lined up. And stay up as it's being assembled. I'm wondering if you or others have any handy advice on how to get that done. After all yours turned out very nice.

And also like others, I too look forward to seeing this combo hooked up to the Plymouth wagon. Will be waiting for the future posts with pictures.

Scott Aho