Model Cars Magazine Forum

Craig Clements "Head Hunter" : new project 4/16/14

John Teresi

Ok John, I guess there's only one question that remains!!!!!!! Where are you gonna get the shrink gun so you can drive this bad boy, Because I still say that's a real car with a huge quarter and hand next to it!!!!!!!!

Hard to find any unused superlatives at this point in the comments.Scratch building at this level si truly becomes an art form.You have to be able not only know what the real thing looks like but be able to go beyond that andundersdtand how all of the systems work and the proper way to plumb and connect them correctly.

You've succeded very well in all of those areas and done it in very believable scale.The chassis work looks absolutely real except someone keeps photo shopping that darn quarter in there.I applaud your exceptional skills and dedication to replicating this car co accurately.A real show stopper and a lot of fun to follow.

This will surely has to inspire a lot of builders to try something new or add more details than they had planned.Thank you being willing to share your process with the rest of us.

Edited by misterNNL

Hello…….thank you all so very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ………not much of an up-date today…….I am waiting for my rear cheater slicks that my friend Mike Flynn is modifying on his lathe……. I can`t do very much till I get them back…….I may need to modify the body?…….so I am at a stand still…..…but,I did make some tail lights and bumpers…….painted Alclad……..thanks for looking.

DSCF1095_zpsc54d31b4.jpg

DSCF1093_zps717b3f7c.jpg

DSCF1099_zpsecd27d47.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello……..thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ……..I ordered 2 sets of Modelhaus sidewall slicks…….and sent them to my Buddy -"Professional" Model Builder Mike Flynn………he cut them ,widened them,glued them back together and turned the groves on his lathe ……..now I have Cheater Slicks like the 1:1 HH………thank you Mike AWESOME tires……..i weathered them a little and added "Pro Tech" valve stems………got them attached with brake lines……..thanks for looking.

DSCF1226_zpsdfa60508.jpg

DSCF1230_zpsf0325fe0.jpg

DSCF1229_zps7523dac3.jpg

DSCF1231_zps7444a052.jpg

DSCF1234_zps7861a6af.jpg

Edited by John Teresi