Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

Jonny Quest still has a following. It is still the coolest cartoon ever. And best TV show theme music ever. The complete original series has been out on DVD for several years now. I've had the set for several years now. Now I need Moebuis' upcoming Dragonfly to go with it.

Scott

Boomerang runs it every so often for a few months, both the 1960s, and occasionally the 1970s and '80s ones.

The original cartoon still gets my vote for the best music in a cartoon.

Charlie Larkin

• 3 weeks later...

Jonny Quest still has a following. It is still the coolest cartoon ever. And best TV show theme music ever. The complete original series has been out on DVD for several years now. I've had the set for several years now. Now I need Moebuis' upcoming Dragonfly to go with it.

Scott

Will it include Ace,Hajii,Bandit, and Jonny figures too? ;-)

Wow, those headers were worth the $10! The factory actually made a 2x4 intake for the polysphere engines these monster's were real torque monsters. A friend (I use the term loosely) cobbled one of these into a'58:Ford pick-up my uncle had, it was a definite cowboy job, with the radiator welded to the core support, and a welded solid three speed floor shifter with one lever to shift the auto trans. But it sounded good, didn't look bad (with the hood closed) and was a terror on the road, it sported a set of cheater slicks and with the stock 4.30 gears would kill'em from one stop light to the other, but on the open highway the home made drive shaft (the Chrysler front was cut in the middle and so was the Ford, but as luck would have it one piece perfectly slid into the other and the guy welded the pieces together with a stick welder that resembled bird droppings from a bald eagle. But even though it could remove your fillings and the drone would frighten children in cars we passed, it never broke down. Oh, those young and dumb days, I don't think I'd push it out of the shop now, much less fly down I-5 at 70+ MPH.

• 3 weeks later...

We are expecting 1st test shots of the plymouth by end of next week,

I've seen photos of the test shot - the factory was having some issues with one tool not injecting quite completely and not ejecting parts cleanly so they were working on getting it dialed in.

From photos the 1st test shot looks good.. I'll know a whole lot more when it's sitting here on my work table..

Release date?? I'd say late 1st quarter 2015... I'll know a whole lot more in a couple weeks after I've had the chance to put a 1st test shot together..