Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you see on the road today?

Saw some interesting cars on the way home from work this afternoon...first, a red w/ white vinyl top '68 Riviera in good shape in my office parking garage...in the 6 months I've been there, this is the first old car I've seen the garage. On the street, saw a black '40 Ford convertible and a green '70s Triumph Spitfire, both being driven top down... also saw an orange '15 Challenger Hellcat, first one I'd seen.

Leaving the filling station today, I see a Chevy pickup on a side road.

"Like A Rock" must refer to what must have landed on it at some point. I don't think the snow did that!

BENTFRAMEPicbyme2-17-15.jpg

What state are you in? Makes me think that perhaps sand dunes and beer might be involved..........or at least beer :P

Nothing but salt encrusted modern cars! I was thinking about that as I walked through the parking lot at work. Messy, filthy cars with salt spray all over them from our recent weather. But you don't dare send it through the car wash as your doors and locks will freeze shut over night! I had to force the doors open on both our cars this morning. Frozen shut without being washed!

Driving to my daughters house this morning in Las Vegas. I pull up to the light and an Avanti pulls up next to me. Haven't seen one in like 20 years. Two lights later a pair of Studebakers pull up. One even had the old style A/C unit (the kind with ice in it I think) on the passenger window. I couldn't take pictures as I was the only one in our truck. Go figure. God do I feel old today.

Thanks Mike

Mopar To Ya

The Pinto above remind of a song on Click and Clack's CD, "Stairway to Heapdom." It's called "Pinto Squire" by a group called The Strange Tones. Had a buddy who owned a green one years ago. The song described his car pretty well. And now when ever I see a Pinto, especially a Squire, I can't help but think of the song.

Scott

saw a Avalanche lately, the new totally blacked out rolling in carnaval parade, not special to you guys I know but seeing an US made car in Belgium is becoming rare....

Years back you could spot a G20 conversion Van every hour you were on the road, now 0 in a month. Seen the last one tucked away under trees with no wheels.. Kinda sad, I love G20's :(