Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1984 Olds 442

wisdonm

Hey, is there any news about a 1984 cutlass supreme model kit coming out eventually?  I'm trying to hunt one down along with a 1963 dynamic 88 convertible one. 

The Cutlass is allegedly going to be announced next year sometime. They've been teasing us with this for nearly a decade, so I'm not holding my breath.

If this is done properly, I'm in for at least two.

The 88 is another matter.

The closest thing is the Jo-Han '63 Starfire, which is starting to get expensive and difficult to find. 

With that said, with the resurgence in the popularity of early '60s big GM cars, there is a (very) outside chance a new Starfire could see the light of day.

Charlie Larkin

• 1 month later...

Angelo had major contribution to the model coming through, his '83 H/O and '85 442 FE3X were used for measurements.

I had a little hand in making the model come through, Ed came over by my place to take measurements of the engine for the H/O.

I spoke with Ed earlier this week, they will be releasing this model late spring and are finalizing the packaging, an announcement will be coming shortly in the next couple weeks I was told.

Development for one of these kits takes 3+ years... and if very costly with production tools.

I have seen the prototype cars, they are VERY detailed and nice. Wish I could share the photos...

It looks like Revell came through with a big winner here.  Great subject, and it looks like it needs to be on my shelf.  I hope they sell a zillion of 'em and are convinced to do a Pontiac, and Buick based on the shared platform.  

How long before the lowrider guys latch on to this and start making flat hoods and base model grills and fascias for them?  I know I will try to make a couple of non Hurst street and drag cars.  I may also try to do a street stock racer, depending upon how the chassis and floor pan are molded.  These could be donor cars for a lot of street stock models if they have separate frames and floors.  I am also thinking that Round2 should reissue their Monte Carlo for kitbashing purposes!  (And their El Camino)

I am turning the thermostat down right now so I can afford these when they come out!

Where did you see that Brett?

I spoke to Ed on Tuesday and he said that there was going to be an announcement on Wednesday.

Several Facebook groups/pages.  I highly recommend Facebook for new product news and modelling stuff, even if you don't use it for anything else.  It's killing forums (sorry, but it is...)  

I hate to be "that guy" but , , , What do you guys think about the sculpting around the wheel openings?

But, yea, I'll be getting at least one.

FE3X anyone?

57aa814aef9e1e45bb7d9f31611d0286.jpg

That's the other version that we know of...somewhere in all the pictures that were posted by Angelo of the test shots were teasers of that hood and those wheels.