Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

15 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Just finished my last plateful of leftover turkey, stuffing, taters, gravy, and biscuits.

In an hour or so, the last slice of warm mincemeat pie smothered in heavy cream will follow it down the pipe.

SO glad I can cook...well.  B)

Another person who likes Mincemeat pie. Not many of us around. Have you ever had Claxton Fruit Cake Bill? I use to love it but being type 2 I can't have it anymore.

claxton.jpg

• Like 2

Lots of concerts this month.

First it was Tool at the end of October. Amazing show.

Then it was Depeche Mode last week. One of my fav bands, and never disappoint.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Then Friday night was Big Wreck. Just awesome straight up rock. Can't remember the last time I went to a club show.

image.jpeg

Didn't get any decent pics at Skinny Puppy though. Which is fine. Didn't try too hard.

Tonight is In Flames and Meshuggah.

Will be tired tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Another person who likes Mincemeat pie. Not many of us around. Have you ever had Claxton Fruit Cake Bill? I use to love it but being type 2 I can't have it anymore.

Haven't had mincemeat pie for many years as no one likes it but me. Don't ever want fruitcake though.

Another day, another concert.

Whitechapel

In Flames

Meshuggah

A most excellent show. In Flames are a favourite of mine, and were the main reason I went to this show. My son and his friends are huge Meshuggah fans, so they wer pry excited.

Not a lot of long hair there, but lots  of werido beardos. 

In Flames

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Meshuggah

image.jpeg

I'm not exactly full of energy this morning. Was worth it though. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

Granddaughters yesterday after their efforts in the snow.

Wow. Crazy that parts of the UK have far more snow than we do here in western Canada. We had snow back in mid-October. Lasted a couple of days. Mostly warm temps since then. Had literally a few flakes last night.

7 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Wow. Crazy that parts of the UK have far more snow than we do here in western Canada. We had snow back in mid-October. Lasted a couple of days. Mostly warm temps since then. Had literally a few flakes last night.

It barely lasted 24 hours and was 95% gone by last evening.

steve

1 minute ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Boy, that brings back memories. When I was much younger, we were floating in them around the holidays. Seemed like everyone in my father's family and everyone he worked with sent us one.  :D

I loved Clayton fruitcake. But I also owned a Gremlin. LOL

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

I loved Clayton fruitcake.

I did at first, but after having to plow through several every year, I got to hate the sight of 'em...but I saw one in a store the other day and almost bought it, just for the nostalgia. They really are pretty good if you have your mind right.  :D

Today's first pleasing came by way of an offer being accepted for a kit that I normally wouldn't give a second look, 1/32 BZ-38 Reflueller. Thanks to Pat W. and his last cool MiniArt kit purchase by his wife my model kit list of must haves has been expanded. Even though it's not the kit I had originally been looking at I had to have it and it was cheaper than they normally cost. Thanks Pat & the misses.

Had a nice little work trip on Friday. Delivered a new eTransit to a client in the mountains. Loaded it up on the trailer and dropped it off right in their yard.

Here it is, mid-January, in Jasper National Park, in the Canadian Rockies.

Please note the almost total absence of snow. 

image.jpeg

So much better than being in the office all day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

Well done! I once had a 4' x 8' HO setup a long time ago and always thought it would be fun to do a simple little section like you've done here.

Some model railroad clubs will have a layout that is made up of sections that interlock making a large layout that is moveable and can be setup at different locations for shows or events such as a Christmas display at a mall or elsewhere. Its a neat way for all the club members to take part in building their layout. When I was a younger fellow I also had the infamous 4×8 layout that lead to a J-shaped layout with about 300 feet of nickel silver track and turnouts, multiple level tracks with a two main routes and two other separate lines that were dedicated to mining operations . I had some store bought kit buildings and some that I had scratch built. Unfortunately I never was able to finish the layout due to a new hobby that took precedence, GIRLS! I attached a few of the remaining things I still have that I had scratch built that are not boxed up. Sorry for the poor picture quality..😞

20170703_173834-1~2.jpg

20170703_173816-1~2.jpg

27 long × 9·5 high.jpg

Edited by A modeler named mike
Added information
  • Like 2

I ordered some items from a company that I have bought from before and received excellent service, per usual. I placed my order and received my order confirmation email and shipped notice at 3:13pm and 3:43pm yesterday. Today at 1:34pm I received my order. I had my items less than 24 hours after placing the order. This was from NC to Va. Shipped via UPS. 

Looking for a new drill and knew what I wanted so looked at Amazon mostly because of the big inventory and reviews. Didn't find what I wanted so thought I might run down to Home Depot but first I looked at their website. Found what I wanted and they knocked of $20 and shipped it to me the next day for free! Good for them......and me.

• Like 2

So many Christmas’s I have not been Happy. I think about my and grandmother, two nephews that are gone that I was a dad too more then an uncle because my brother drove a semi and never would do anything with them. But I have been happy this year. My son graduated and has been home with me and always will be. He. Received his disability fo autism.  He is smart but not in school wise.   

• Like 1

Used to be a boy 2 doors down that had autism. Very interesting to hear the things the parents had to deal with. What I remember about the boy is how smart he was as you point out about your son. Sometimes when he was out playing he'd come up to me and bring up subjects that we talked about in the past. Really enjoyed our conversations and he was a great friendly kid.

7 hours ago, slusher said:

So many Christmas’s I have not been Happy. I think about my and grandmother, two nephews that are gone that I was a dad too more then an uncle because my brother drove a semi and never would do anything with them. But I have been happy this year. My son graduated and has been home with me and always will be. He. Received his disability fo autism.  He is smart but not in school wise.   

Thank you Carl.. I also have you in my prayers buddy. So many people can not see the potential that individuals with autism or metal retaliation have. Congratulations to your son for his accomplishments and I'm sure you had one of the biggest smiles that any loving Dad could have ever experienced. As we have our loved ones who have passed in our thoughts remembering the good times with the bad, just know that someday we will all he together again.. Now I'm in no hurry but I do cherish the thought of the that glorious reunion. You will be rewarded for you selfless acts of kindness and unwavering dedication to your family. You Carl are a Good man!

8 hours ago, slusher said:

We have a friend who has an Autistic son named Nick. Sweetest kid around. Actually his brother Chris is just as sweet and now lives with his Nick. Nick has worked for the Post Office at the distribution facility in Albany for 6 years or so. Just bought a condo. And a new car. At 25 years of age Nick had $80,000 in the bank. The only problem is he's so trusting of people. Has had numerous people try and take advantage of him but his mom watches things like a hawk. He just can not understand what devious people are. And that number is increasing in this country. The new car is because of a car accident that Nick was not at fault of. Car ran a red light and t-boned him. The guy got out of the car. Didn't go to see if Nick was ok. Instead the guy went into the corner bar. A few minutes late he comes out with this woman. Then the guy calls the cops. They arrive and the girl backed up the guys story and says Nick Nick ran the red light. She said she was outside smoking a cigarette and saw the whole think. So Nick got shafted. Sad. But I spoke to his mom last week and she said they have dinner every Sunday and that both sons ask about us at every dinner.