Model Cars Magazine Forum

When the female in your life says "lets go to some garage sales", sometimes, it may payoff.

Sandi's sister called me after she found some models at a Barn Sale for under $5 each and sealed. She sent me a photo of the ten she picked up plus the guys name and number, I called him, he had 142 more all sealed and at the same price. So I drove to Michigan, about 5 miles from where I lived for thirty years and got them ALL.

post-2036-0-56241900-1408821230_thumb.jp

post-2036-0-16050800-1408821335_thumb.jp

post-2036-0-41440900-1408821437_thumb.jp

post-2036-0-65597500-1408821491_thumb.jp

I see some many yard/garage sales..... and I always tell myself (don't bother stopping, you never find anything). After seeing your outstanding find.... I will never assume I wont find anything again. This is just a amazing find. Even if you were not a model builder/collector... anyone would benefit from such a find. If you sold off all of that kit by kit, you would make 10 fold what you paid.

If you don't see it ASK! You never know. Nascar kits have some fine donor parts like the rear end and suspension,Some of the rollbar/cage assembly and a workable motor. At 10c a kit I'd be all over that :lol:

And you guys that dread goin' shoppin' with the little lady... I go with my GF AND my 80 YO aunt to thrift stores. besides car kits which we all have more than we'll ever build you never know what you'll find you can actually use.

Yeah...like Joe, I'm tired of stopping at a yard sale, only to find "Dorothy's dirty dollies...just a dime!". Only ever found 3 model kits at yard sales...build ups all...and get this...Martians built the engines, cause the heads were upside down! Guess they figured it would get better mileage.....?