Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Revell 1/25 2013 Camaro ZL-1 (pre-painted)

Oh god here we go again with this same old tired subject about Revell........ :angry:

Do we not have anything else better to do than keep on with the same old subject with the same old company.

Really guy's this is just getting monotonous........ :angry:

Talking about a Revell kit, in a thread about a Revell kit! Oh my goodness you're right!! Everybody stop!!

Oh god here we go again with this same old tired subject about Revell........ :angry:

Do we not have anything else better to do than keep on with the same old subject with the same old company.

Hint: If topics about Revell bother you, stop clicking on topics with "Revell" in the title. ^_^

At least, you can still build a 2014 out of the Challenger. With mass amounts of time and stripper. I've only just finished a kit tonite, nothing since March:/ These seem like a good slump buster. The real selling point to me, the predone windows lol. I HATE doing window trims!

At least, you can still build a 2014 out of the Challenger. With mass amounts of time and stripper. I've only just finished a kit tonite, nothing since March:/ These seem like a good slump buster. The real selling point to me, the predone windows lol. I HATE doing window trims!

Yep, love pre painted windows, or at least give window masks, and something I wish all kits had.....wheel not on a tree, Hate trying to clean up a wheel because of a poor attachment location.

Agreed and agreed.

I wonder what the added tcost is for window masks are?, and is it something that we can say, persuade Round2/Revell into doing ?

Revell included die cut masks in one their recent airplane kits, the RAF Ventura. They were produced by Eduard. Maybe suggest it on their Facebook page.

I'm all in favor for pre-painted window fret (mid '80s cars and up)

personally I don't care if one isn't considered a "true modeler", when not painting it yourself, I'm all for ease of assembly, getting a nice shelf item, without too much difficulty, is it cheating?!... 95% of model kit buyers, don't care, they just want a pleasant past time..

I applauded back when Amt/Ertl introduced the separate chassis to floorpan on their car kits, which made painting a lot easier.

I also like the way dashes are tooled today, a step further would be, including chromed decorated red taillamps for vintage models, I see it on toys so why not on models too.

Just my two cents

;^)

Edited by Luc Janssens

Wait, you've got Ed's email, but you'll post something Frank tells you second hand instead of getting it straight from the source? SMH...

I know right!!!!, how dare I take someone for their word that has spoken to Ed.

Just because I have is email, does not mean I am going to abuse it and bother him with every little thing.

Edited by martinfan5

I was actually going to buy these today at the Central PA, show but no one had any for sale. $26 is too much, especially at this poor quality. Really. I'm cheap but not that cheap. The $17 the show vendor said he would sell for, is more reasonable.

I was actually going to buy these today at the Central PA, show but no one had any for sale. $26 is too much, especially at this poor quality. Really. I'm cheap but not that cheap. The $17 the show vendor said he would sell for, is more reasonable.

When you finally get one, are you going to repaint it, maroon?

Comma, maroon. Everybody geddit? Niiiiiice goin' there, officer. *golf clap*

Gotta say, though, I'm more than okay with the ones I picked up. Quality's a bit variable, but you can examine the body shell thru the window from one box to the next till you find the best one on the shelf, and when you do, what you get is really not bad for 20 bucks and its intended audience. The 11-year-old me who wondered why the backlight was so jacked on the MPC General Lee would have been pretty happy with these.

If the ZL sits any better than the full-detail SS, it'll have a major advantage. Challenger's never been high priority for me, but thanks to this variation, I'm a lot more likely to have a finished one some time soon.

Someone just reminded me of the older-about 10-15 years ago(?) AMT full prepaint kits. I don't remember having any issues with those tho, and they were fairly cost effective. Miss the nineties-00s:/ All of the US companies seemed to have much better quality before all the buy outs.

If they are such poor quality why bothering buying one?

....to fix it.

Wha - ?

But Frank, don't you understand? You don't get to. Don't you know the rules?

They ain't written all explicit-like, but they're there in nearly every little challenge and drive-by directed at you. If you complain about a kit, it MUST be because you can't fix it! You're either an unaccomplished COMPLAINER or you're a cheerleading FIXER!

Don't you see that there's a certain ideology here that makes no sense if you claim to do… *gasp*… BOTH?

One side or the other, baby, and it'd better be a straight ticket. What's all this thinking-for-yourself nonsense?

<_<

I've always avoided the ignore feature on forums, but it got to the point I didn't care anymore. Just a handful of people made the cut, but this site has suddenly become much more pleasant. I highly recommend it if the constant negativity is getting you down. It's under your profile options.

Well, guess what? I stripped the chrome off the wheels and now the front axle fits fine! I guess it was a buildup of undercoating that was keeping the axle from seating all the way to the bottom of the hole.

Quick mockup to gauge ride height. A bit high, but it'll come down some by just gluing the body to the chassis during final assembly. There's no positive tab or anything to lock the body down, it just sits on the front valence. *edit* -actually, there is, just glue the valence/grille to the chassis and use the pegs in the front bumper to hold the body down.

DSC_5314-vi.jpg

Putting a little pressure on it to simulate how it'll look glued up:

DSC_5317-vi.jpg

I'll probably still tweak it a little, but the real deal isn't really a ground hugger. I just think it'll look better with less space between fender and tire.

01-camaro-zl1-opt2.png

Edited by Brett Barrow