Model Cars Magazine Forum

What cars interest you in resin 1/25

I'm currently thinking of a few models....I'll be casting soon when masters are ready

'67 Oldsmobile Delmont 88

'68 Mercury Cougar GT-E

'68 Chevy Bel Air

'69 Plymouth Belvedere

'70 Buick Estate Wagon

'72 Chevy Biscayne

'73 Ford LTD Brougham

'74 Mercury Cougar XR7

'78 Ford LTD II

'79 Ford thunderbird

'79 Oldsmobile Cutlass

'85 Ford Mustang GT and LX notchback

'90 Chevy Caprice

So when will you start casting and wich masters are ready?

man I wish someone somewhere would acquire the ScaleKraft catalogue and repop them! I wonder what happened to the molds and/or originals? he had some beautiful rare stuff as Maxx and I agree.

jb

I'll give it x3 on the ScaleKraft catalog - but include some re-pops from UMi and MiniExotics.

Show cars rarely get done - so how about the Mustang I prototype - the two seat mid-engine that started the name?

and the Mustang Giugiaro

Mustang Milano

Bertone Carabo

Saleen S7

Cadillac Northstar LMP

I'd love to find a good casting of a 1950 Buick. Too bad Modelhaus only makes the grille.

While under the list of missed opportunities : I just missed the '50 Buick 4 dr. Sedan offered in the Early days of resin . After long term saving I had the money and sent the caster the MO . BTW it arrived the week after he quit casting this one .

Thanx ..

All American Models is no longer in business. It was a resin casting company by Art Anderson.

I must have mistaken it for somthing else. I swear i did see several types of wagons using the

Revell 49 Olds as donor on ebay. It could have been a Pontiac maby.

I must have mistaken it for somthing else. I swear i did see several types of wagons using the

Revell 49 Olds as donor on ebay. It could have been a Pontiac maby.

The company that does those wagons is Best Model Car Parts.

As far as GM intermediates go, the '64-'72 are considered the most desirable because of their styling and performance. The '73-'77 models have better handling, and the '78-'87 (and '88 Monte Carlo) handle even better. I agree that cars from the '70s and '80s would appeal to younger modelers as this is the era they grew up in. I would start with a '73 442, '74 GS, '76 Regal or Century coupe, '77 Can Am, '78 Magnum, '77-'79 Ranchero GT, and a Ranchero GT from '70 or '72. I would also think a Mark III, IV or V would do well. For the '80s, a Monte Carlo SS in 1/25th would sell. Most of the '80s cars were forgettable, though I own two from that decade (El Camino and Riviera).