Model Cars Magazine Forum

What movies do you watch over and over?

sjordan2

Yes the original Italian Job! I need three of the recent Revell kits, I wonder why? Did anyone mention It's A Mad Mad MadWorld? A classic car movie. Another ancient favorite... The Yellow Rolls Royce. Never released on tape. I have a bootleg DVD

Edited by Tom Geiger

I've never seen Yellow Rolls Royce. So I can not comment on that one.

Scott

A 1964 movie that was actually about the car. It tells the tale of the car's life from new in 1932 to 1964 and it's many owners. One of those "if this car could talk..." tales. Like many movies of this era it has a huge list of stars from Ingrid Bergman to Omar Sharif to Wally Cox to Shirley MacLaine. Somehow the movie wound up out of circulation and never got released on tape. I dug deep and found someone on a Bergman fan site that had a copy and was doing DVDs.

I saw this once when I was a kid and was enthralled with the car story. All of my cars... drawings, models and Matchbox cars got painted yellow and black (the actual scheme on the car) for years. So the movie went on my bucket list until I was able to score my copy... and as life usually goes, the memories were better than the actual movie! Still I drag it out about once a year and watch it again!

Aside from the Italian Job with Edward Norton playing the bad guy, have you seen the movie The Score, also with Edward Norton as the bad guy. Robert DeNiro and Marlon Brando in what I think was his last movie...... Jeeze, he reminded me of Jabba The Hut in that movie... he was HUGE...!!!

The 1st Predator, The 13th Warrior, Apocalypto, Misery, Executive Decision, Drag me to Hell, Bay town Outlaws, Subspecies, Mask...with Cher, any Universal monsters, ie; Wolf man, Dracula, etc...,those are just a few, oh geez, on TV it's the Walking Dead! Can't forget that!!!!!

Aside from the Italian Job with Edward Norton playing the bad guy, have you seen the movie The Score, also with Edward Norton as the bad guy. Robert DeNiro and Marlon Brando in what I think was his last movie...... Jeeze, he reminded me of Jabba The Hut in that movie... he was HUGE...!!!

That's funny Rich but so true.

Some movies you have to watch more than once to fully understand,for example "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" is the best example. I think I've seen Pulp fiction,Blues Brothers, Drive, all the F & F movies,ect. a dozen or so times.

Movie wisdom, some movies you can watch over and over and still see new stuff. So true Austin.

Last year, I finally got a flat-screen 40" Sony HD TV to replace my old 27" Sony CRT TV. So I've been watching a lot of movies from my collection several times, and it's a complete revelation about many movies. Anything I ever watched before, I'm watching again with a new perspective.

Last year, I finally got a flat-screen 40" Sony HD TV to replace my old 27" Sony CRT TV. So I've been watching a lot of movies from my collection several times, and it's a complete revelation about many movies. Anything I ever watched before, I'm watching again with a new perspective.

Interesting about screen size. I remember when I bought my first 32" screen. We thought that was huge! Last time around we were looking for our first flat screen. A friend told me to get the biggest one we could afford, and it would seem huge at first, but soon enough it would look normal. Got a 55" and he was absolutely right!

12 O'Clock High is, arguably, one of the best war movies ever made.

G

Yes I agree - and I'll always watch The Dambusters when it's repeated - hard to beat as a war film and never repeatable since they used real ex-RAF Lancasters and genuine bomb trial and photo-recce post-raid footage.

We watch some movies seasonally so, these are in no particular order.

The Great Outdoors

Grumpy Old Men

A Knight's Tale

Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Mystery Men

Face-off

Christmas Vacation

Spaceballs

Family Stone

Stir of Echos

The Craft

What Lies Beneath

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Young Frankenstein

Transylvania 6-5000

I am like Harry...one and done, for the most part.

I have watched the Band of Brothers series so much that, at one time, I could almost say the words along with the actors as they said them, LOL.

I also have watched Saving Private Ryan a million times, and the original Red Dawn. I own all of the above movies, so it is easy to pop those in as background noise, or something to watch as I doze off on a Sunday afternoon.

There are things, sometimes, that I can watch over and over, as time permits, like past Indianapolis 500 races. I'll watch them on YouTube. Most of the time, I am watching these in 15 to 20 minute increments, as I have the time, and will fast forward to where I left off the last time.

I haven't sat down with the sole plans to watch any movie in so long that I don't remember ever doing it. Who has time for that???

As previously mentioned by others:

Duel

American Graffiti & the sequel

It's a Mad etc. World

Gone in 60 Seconds

Christmas Vacation

Animal House

Airplane!

And adding some favorites of my own:

Crazy Mama

Cuba

Fires on the Plain

Cell 2455, Death Row

Intimacy (no, it's not X-rated - but Jackie deShannon has a couple great scenes as a very talkative hooker)

Beach Blanket Bingo

Ekipaj (The Crew - Russian "Airport" movie)

The Crowded Sky

Air Force

Marnie

Goldfinger

Ginger e Fred

A Star is Born (1954 version)

The Giant Gila Monster

Ed Wood

Cooley High

The Taking of Beverly Hills

Mistah (Filipino war movie)

Ski Party

Some Like it Hot

Dillinger (1973 version)

Captain from Castile

Touch of Evil

Tora! Tora! Tora!

Car Wash

Heißer Sommer (Hot Summer, East German beach party movie musical)

Smash-up on Interstate 5

Scavenger Hunt

Back to the Future

Grand Theft Auto

The Great Race

Flight of the Phoenix (1965 version)

What's Up, Tiger Lily?

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Used Cars

Bonnie and Clyde

Fate Is the Hunter

The Birds