Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell Ford Del Rio Ranch Wagon 2'n'1

Matt T.

Chris, I really enjoyed your review. And you are right, it's an excellent kit for the price point. A lot of modelers will enjoy building it, never mind the few grumpy old me who enjoy the smell of their own farts on this board. Get real, it's a friggin hobby!

Scott, I also agree with your post. Enough already! Some folks will suck the fun right outta anything!

And frankly, I challenge the most vocal of the group to buy the kit and start a build thread here on the board. If you are so smart, and fix all the supposed issues, I'd really like to see that!

Chris, I really enjoyed your review. And you are right, it's an excellent kit for the price point. A lot of modelers will enjoy building it, never mind the few grumpy old me who enjoy the smell of their own farts on this board. Get real, it's a friggin hobby!

Scott, I also agree with your post. Enough already! Some folks will suck the fun right outta anything!

And frankly, I challenge the most vocal of the group to buy the kit and start a build thread here on the board. If you are so smart, and fix all the supposed issues, I'd really like to see that!

So mature, and so to the point.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I wonder if some of you can express your opinions without trying to insult those with whom you disagree?

If it's "just a hobby" why do YOU guys act like that, calling people names for example.

Did any of you have a hand in designing this kit? Then why be so defensive about it. If debate or discussion troubles you so...why read any of it?

Try to relax..failing that, work on your manners. Please?

Amazing how easy it is to pull ole Bill out with one small comment! :lol: Didn't take what, less than ten minutes! You are sooo predictable! :lol:

Yea, Bill I'm talking to you. Buy the friggin kit. Start a build thread. Show us how smart you are! :lol:

Amazing how easy it is to pull ole Bill out with one small comment! :lol: Didn't take what, less than ten minutes! You are sooo predictable! :lol:

Yea, Bill I'm talking to you. Buy the friggin kit. Start a build thread. Show us how smart you are! :lol:

So you act like that all the time just to get one person's reaction? Then try to mock him with the little faces? Now that's funny! Get well soon

son...

Where's your wagon build thread Tom?

Edited by mike 51

So you act like that all the time just to get one person's reaction? Then try to mock him with the little faces? Now that's funny! Get well soon

son...

Where's your wagon build thread Tom?

Mike, you are another one who has an awful lot to say! And really easy to get a response outta you too! And as I watched, you actually challenged Dave Metzner that you were owed some sorta bumper? Ballzy! Let's see who else from your tribe we can pull out of the woodwork!

Yea, we be hunting wabbits!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Yes Tom I did...

The box art on the 69 pickup (seen or purchased one yet?) both showes 3 different bumpers and it also describes them.

Yep Tom, I expect parts shown and described on the box, to be IN the box...just as I would for any product.

If that's too hard to understand...so be it. See no name calling or insults..can YOU do that?

Edited by mike 51

Really Tom? All the name calling and childish behavior had died down, but you just had to start it up again. Good boy.

I've been checking this thread frequently because, now that the kits are getting into the hands of builders, I'm interested in seeing what folks who actually HAVE the kit (and whose noses aren't up the backsides of some Revell execs) think about it.

Your remark that I just happened to come across while looking for info on the KIT, and your subsequent conduct, demonstrates clearly to me and everyone on the board exactly what you are.

You must be very proud.

WOW for a hobby that's supposed to be FUN, we sure are gettin' "testy" here aren't we?

Some folks simply cannot tolerate discussion or debate, nor can they ignore it..so they try to insult people that are able to tolerate discussion and even disagreements.

Maybe "talking" about the hobby isn't the fun part for some......unless everyone agrees with them?

Edited by mike 51

Just a demonstration of how easy it is to pull the few out with a simple comment....

"A lot of modelers will enjoy building it, never mind the few grumpy old me who enjoy the smell of their own farts on this board. Get real, it's a friggin hobby!"

Just so out there that a few hare trigger folks just had to attack! Bill, I explained a while back how kits are developed from a price point backwards. The board was actually quiet for a few days. I thought maybe you understood, especially since I don't think you are stupid. From your posts you appear to be quite intelligent, but somehow you don't get the simple point... this is what you get for $25. 99% of the customers are very happy. The 1%, of which you belong will never be happy. The kit you request is maybe a $50-100 kit, and the market won't bear that. Understand that, and you will be a happier man! Well maybe...

And Mike 51... you are just out there on your own. Good luck!

Sorry to jump out but I have a 10pm meeting with my manufacturing folks in China!

Edited by Tom Geiger

"Just a demonstration of how easy it is to pull the few out with a simple comment.... "

Why on earth would you want to do that? That's the point that seems elude you.. it's a model car discussion web site, remember?

Not really a place to "demonstrate" your child-like attention seeking....

So to "fix" the minor issues some of us have with this kit would make it cost 2 1/2 to 5 times more than this one, huh?

Now that's an interesting "opinion".....

Edited by mike 51

Some folks simply cannot tolerate discussion or debate, nor can they ignore it..so they try to insult people that are able to tolerate discussion and even disagreements.

Maybe "talking" about the hobby isn't the fun part for some......unless everyone agrees with them?

Hey mike 51 you got the mock indignation routine down pat. Some people just love to be the victim

I came here to see comments about the kit not this nonsense..

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

I am now officially in awe. I think that "hunting wabbits" analogy is FLAWLESS - straight down to the way it usually turns out for Elmer Fudd. :D

I've seriously got nothing but stunned, wide-eyed admiration here, bordering precariously on gratitude. I really wonder now if there's any way ANYBODY could make my points any more effectively than this... this... artwork before me.

It's SUCH a MASTERPIECE! LOOK at it - it's not the personal broadside that counts as "nonsense", it's the refusal to eat that scat quietly that's the distraction! Y'all said so yourselves!

Please.

Do. NOT. Stop. A N Y of you.

I cannot recall the last res to speak so baldly and artlessly for ipsa.