Model Cars Magazine Forum

Favorite Obscure or Discovered Music Album

afx

Click on "share" then copy the embed code and paste it into your post. ;)

That's what I did Mike. Let me try again with a different song , ,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d8TGFsLXoRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Miles.

I'll have to get you [or someone] to walk me through posting videos sometime. I have no idea what I was doing wrong. :wacko:

I find if you paste a "YouTube.com" link in the reply box, straight from your browser's address field, the forum software will post it as embedded. For some reason, it doesn't work with the "youtu.be" links you get sometimes when you use YouTube's share function, especially on mobile devices.

I've been really enjoying the Phase 2 album by Daikaiju. They are an instrumental surf rock band from Alabama. I first heard them on the opening and closing theme music for the Escape Pod science fiction podcast. My favorite song on the album is "Choujikuu Mitsukai" (I can't find a YouTube video, sorry).

You can listen and buy at the link below.

http://daikaiju.bandcamp.com/album/phase-2

Edited by Danny Lectro

• 1 month later...

I encourage all the Zeppelin fans to check out Robert Plant | Allison Krauss - Raising Sand. Wonderfully recorded and produced album. Although I think Allison Krauss steals the show. I could pick any song of this album as they are all great but I'll just give you these two.

This is my favorite track on the album, a Tom Waits' cover.

Edited by afx

My favorite:

Power Meet 1994 Single:

This Limited Edition 7" Single was made for 1994 Power Meet in Sweden. It has The Go Getters playing Go Go Go To The Power Meet on side one and The Hi-Winders playing It Takes A Whole Lotta Power on side two. Both of the bands are excellent Rockabilly groups. I found this record by accident on a local shop that sells Rock 'n' Roll & Rockabilly records.

Here is a video of The Go Getters' Go Go Go To The Power Meet:

Two things actually.

Never was into punk at all, but THIS is a hell of an album.

Siouxsie_amp_the_Banshees-Twice_Upon_a_T

There are few Siouxsie & the Banshees songs I like and they did a great cover of the Beatles - Dear Prudence.

Also really like this one.

Edited by afx

Strange how awesome symphony and metal is together isnt it?????

I mean, there was Metallica S&M album, and then I later heard Avenged Sevenfold's "City of Evil" album and it had similar qualities

Yes. And through Pandora I have discovered that there are quite a lot of similar bands. Kamelot, Epica, Within Temptation, that are just as good.

In 1978 I was looking at the vinyl at Woolworths. In the bargain section I found Meet The Beatles on the Vee Jay Label!!! ( very rare) I think I paid a dollar for it.

I have always played all of my vinyl with high quality diamond needles so it is in perfect shape! My only regret now is that I actually opened it. But much like vintage model kits what's the fun in that!!!!

This is an album I discovered when it came out last year, when I randomly gave it a shot based on the album art, and reignited a flame with an artist I had grown up with but long forgotten about, who now has a completely different style.

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Wanderlust (2014)

Eastern European influences combined with folk tales and waltzes. It's really eclectic and you either love it or you hate it but I absolutely adore it and totally fell in love with the album from the first listen. It's a mixture of pop music and folk music, all sung by a beautiful posh english accent.

81GUq7Dl%2BHL._SL1200_.jpg

For example, this one's about a witch that steals people's souls and immortalises them in photographs. Lovely. Video's pretty cool too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmPM-LZ-6y8

Highly recommend the album. Was my favourite album of 2014 by far.

Edited by Shelby 427 1965

I've been really enjoying the Phase 2 album by Daikaiju. They are an instrumental surf rock band from Alabama. I first heard them on the opening and closing theme music for the Escape Pod science fiction podcast. My favorite song on the album is "Choujikuu Mitsukai" (I can't find a YouTube video, sorry).

You can listen and buy at the link below.

http://daikaiju.bandcamp.com/album/phase-2

Daikaiju is awesome.