Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

In my ongoing attempt to gather all the hardware for my new PC, this just arrived today, a Toshiba 240GB SSD. This will hold my O.S. and misc programs, while general storage will be on at least one 2TB conventional hard disc. I also grabbed a 64GB flash drive so that I can start the process of storing/copying some files off of this machine.

exh 1 004.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner

'66 F100 300 six with 240 head,Clifford 4bbl intake,Crane cam,bored 30 over,split exhaust manifold,Summit Racing 11in performance clutch,old school three on da tree,'79 F150 power disc brakes and gear box along with '79 streering linkage all fresh and new and every thing works including the lighter!......and much much more....

e6654d224f4a20a40d242a9398529822720ed01b
e6654d224f4a20a40d1d2a9398529822730ed0d2
52458fc379310a55b825c8a0bf4543a9832610d7
059f28fa513d26971ae81e095dfbb2fb4316d81a

Got a Pilot parallel pen today. Very nice on English characters.

Just curious Nie. Is that a picture of you in your icon box? I mean no offense by this question. For I don't know if Nie is a male or female name in your country? I'm not trying to hit you either. But, if it is you, your a very nice looking women.

Me? I look exactly like the creature in my icon picture! It's amazing they let me come out of my house. ?

Just curious Nie. Is that a picture of you in your icon box? I mean no offense by this question. For I don't know if Nie is a male or female name in your country? I'm not trying to hit you either. But, if it is you, your a very nice looking women.

Me? I look exactly like the creature in my icon picture! It's amazing they let me come out of my house. ?

well...my avatar is..Jennifer Love Hewitt in her early age..:Pand something more..i'm a man..

I use this avatar cause I really had a crush on her..But I think it better to change my avatar.. Don't want to make people misunderstand...

and now.. here's Jimmy Page!:wub::wub:

Edited by 花火

Guys, I received some new underwear today.  For the 1st time I ordered these online, if no good then send 'em back.

My weight hasn't changed in many years, still a 34 waist with jeans.  Just the dang underwear are starting to bother me, and no I ain't any bigger down there, can't really notice shrinkage either.  The ones I have were already a snug fitting type,  but I'm tending nowadays towards a more comfortable situation, and I want some softer material too. 

So, the new deal lets me sit a lot more comfortable for a longer period of time, like a 2 hour film for instance.  I don't have to tug around like a kid anymore digging for gold.  Great feeling.

Just don't ask for pics, OK?

Jaguar.  Yep I've had the taste, sublime.

It was summer 1968, my brother and his wife went for a longer golf vacation.  I took care of the E Type Roadster.  3.8 litre.  Oh yes, a real sports car.  Amazing to find out that a 6 cylinder could really haul azz.  The car was a riot, and I'll never forget that summer.  I was 17.

• 1 month later...

IMG 20160914 0001

Continuing in my quest of collecting old vehicle related items in my stamp collection, a buddy-0-mine from a stamp collecting forum sent me this one.  

ruggles trucks

Ruggles trucks were manufactured from 1921 -1929, done in by the Great Depression.  The founder of the company, Frank Ruggles actually had been in the truck manufacturing business for many years and Ruggles trucks had been sold under different names prior to 1921.  This envelope was mailed in the first year of production.  I just love old historic items!

Edited by Tom Geiger

• 11 months later...

Today I finally received a new replacement charger for my Milwaukee 18V cordless stuff. (The tools aren’t much use without charged batteries and I lost my other charger.) I’m a happy, happy guy, as I have several projects coming up in the next few months, that will definitely benefit by having some cordless stuff available, as well as my regular corded items.

Mil 08 23 17 002.jpg

• 1 month later...

A very good friend gave me this today, as an early Christmas gift, so that I might use it right now, without having to wait two more months. Meade 102mm (4") refractor, and now that I've finished assembling it, it really does seem quite sturdy, as most reviews had indicated. I'm quite the happy guy.

10 04 17.jpg

Just picked this up. The Orange Micro Terror amp. This thing is small, compact, lightweight, and has amazing tone! Like, seriously unbelievable thatg an amp thsi small can do what it does.

It is a tube amp, it's only 20W. 

I have it driving a Peavey EVH 4X12 cabinet, and it works great. For band practice, this thing would be just fine. I would even be willing to try it on stage at a club show. It's that good.

Tone is surprisingly warm, and when you turn up the gain, you get a nice overdriven tone. 

And it won't break the bank. 

Highly recommend this to you guitar players out there. 

IMG_20171001_1401407.jpg

IMG_20171002_095727_309.jpg

columbian_dollar.thumb.jpg.3bfbda16a92f7

I bought myself this one for my birthday. It's an original 1892 Columbian Exposition $1 value stamp in mint condition.

How much?  Let's just say it's worth more than any model kit!    (Harry used to like it when I posted new stamp acquisitions) 

If the stamp hobby was the same as the modeling hobby, folks would be telling you to lick it, stick it and mail it off.

As I have gotten older, I can appreciate the fine details that are on these tiny stamps.

Edited by Xingu

If the stamp hobby was the same as the modeling hobby, folks would be telling you to lick it, stick it and mail it off.

As I have gotten older, I can appreciate the fine details that are these tiny stamps.

Agreed. They certainly have their own beauty, and I can understand the pleasure a collector might get from just looking at them.