Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

Very nice. That's a hobby I'd very much like to pursue once I get away from the horrible urban light pollution here. 

While I do live in the suburbs, the sky above, is actually pretty free of light pollution, and I'm anticipating some wonderful viewing with this baby.

10 05 17 001.jpg

Cool...I've dabbled w/ small telescopes years ago...wouldn't mind having one again.   When I lived in Phoenix, despite being right about in the middle of the city, I could often see stars at night.   The nights tend to be cloudy here in the Cleveland suburbs, not much light pollution in my neighborhood--no street lights.

I have wanted to get a telescope for several years. I want to take better, more detailed, photos of the moon. My wife keeps reminding me that I would only use it once or twice and walks me back from the brink. This is the best I have been able to get with my current camera and arsenal of lenses. I also live near Washington, DC so light pollution is a problem.

moon-f11-1x.JPG

Just picked this up. The Orange Micro Terror amp. This thing is small, compact, lightweight, and has amazing tone! Like, seriously unbelievable thatg an amp thsi small can do what it does.

It is a tube amp, it's only 20W. 

I have it driving a Peavey EVH 4X12 cabinet, and it works great. For band practice, this thing would be just fine. I would even be willing to try it on stage at a club show. It's that good.

Tone is surprisingly warm, and when you turn up the gain, you get a nice overdriven tone. 

And it won't break the bank. 

Highly recommend this to you guitar players out there. 

IMG_20171001_1401407.jpg

IMG_20171002_095727_309.jpg

Nice! I've always wanted to play an orange to see if I'd like it... no one near here ever has any.

Nice! I've always wanted to play an orange to see if I'd like it... no one near here ever has any.

i am now incredibly curious about trying one of their "real" amps.

I've been happy with my Peavey 5150 since I bought it 20 years ago, but I'm starting to wonder. I mean, it still kicks, and I love the tone, but still. if I can have 20+ guitars, why not a second amp? I'm sure wifey will agree. Lolz.

Cool...I've dabbled w/ small telescopes years ago...wouldn't mind having one again.   When I lived in Phoenix, despite being right about in the middle of the city, I could often see stars at night.   The nights tend to be cloudy here in the Cleveland suburbs, not much light pollution in my neighborhood--no street lights.

I had a small one when I was a kid, and my dad had a very good 6" reflector, but I'd been without one for many a year, and now anxiously look forward to exploring the skies. At roughly 3:30 in the morning now, Orion is crystal clear in the eastern sky, at about 40° elevation. Preceding that, is Pleiades, by about 15-20° (that's just a guess), and I'm eager to explore both.

I have wanted to get a telescope for several years. I want to take better, more detailed, photos of the moon. My wife keeps reminding me that I would only use it once or twice and walks me back from the brink. This is the best I have been able to get with my current camera and arsenal of lenses. I also live near Washington, DC so light pollution is a problem.

I haven't even considered taking photos, and probably won't, at least for quite some time. Naturally the sky is somewhat cloudy tonight, so despite the moon being nearly full, I doubt that I'll be able to check out the various lens combinations tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought this ol' Girl home last night.....Always wanted one,my dad had one in the early 60's thatwas modified to left hand controls being he lost his right arm in Korea,and my best friends dad restored a beautiful '46 which I loved and wanted one even more....unfortunately Roy passed away in July and and Ed called me and said "Mom's selling the Cushman,know anyone interested?"..... and now you know the rest of the story.....Thank you Roy for saving this beauty and I promise "Lizzie" will have a good home and will be loved and cared for.....

Resized_IMG_20171018_211132_254.jpeg

Resized_20171019_075924.jpeg

Resized_20171019_080004.jpeg

Just brought this ol' Girl home last night.....Always wanted one,my dad had one in the early 60's thatwas modified to left hand controls being he lost his right arm in Korea,and my best friends dad restored a beautiful '46 which I loved and wanted one even more....unfortunately Roy passed away in July and and Ed called me and said "Mom's selling the Cushman,know anyone interested?"..... and now you know the rest of the story.....Thank you Roy for saving this beauty and I promise "Lizzie" will have a good home and will be loved and cared for.....

That's seriously cool. Kid I knew in HS had one minus all the rear sheetmetal. Yours looks like a really clean machine.  :D

Just picked this up. The Orange Micro Terror amp. This thing is small, compact, lightweight, and has amazing tone! Like, seriously unbelievable thatg an amp thsi small can do what it does.

It is a tube amp, it's only 20W. 

I have it driving a Peavey EVH 4X12 cabinet, and it works great. For band practice, this thing would be just fine. I would even be willing to try it on stage at a club show. It's that good.

Tone is surprisingly warm, and when you turn up the gain, you get a nice overdriven tone. 

And it won't break the bank. 

Highly recommend this to you guitar players out there. 

IMG_20171001_1401407.jpg

IMG_20171002_095727_309.jpg

I have tried that before, very good tone. I also tried the tiny Dark Terror. For my money that is one of the best sounding little Metal amps in the world. I like Boogie gear but that Orange stuff is very good.

I have tried that before, very good tone. I also tried the tiny Dark Terror. For my money that is one of the best sounding little Metal amps in the world. I like Boogie gear but that Orange stuff is very good.

The Dark Terror was great, but I found this one has just a little more warmth when playing clean. Which is odd for me, because I'm a metal guy at heart. My reasoning though is that if I want metal, I have my main rig. 

I'd never really given Orange much thought before, but I think I may have to when I get the itch to upgrade/change amps. Having said that, I can;t see wanting to ditch the 5150 any time soon. It's just perfection to me!