Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here are my completions for 2014

Hawk312

Not nearly as many as I would have like to have finished mostly because life got in the way, but also because of the L88 build which has taken nearly all year so far. Here is what I have so far. Only three total completions this year...

rear_zpsa21cb5b9.jpg

side_zps7d7e01e2.jpg

engine_zps8cb6ead7.jpg

armygood6_zpsf6ae239f.jpg

armygood5_zpsfe42df28.jpg

good005_zps8e654188.jpg

good008_zpsfec35064.jpg

And here is what I have so far on the 1/12 L88. I hope to have it finished next week assuming parts make it here from the platers:

80-gettingclose4_zpsc9ecf709_4f3360fc184

chassis9_zps2faf4afb.jpg

interior9_zps9366eb72.jpg

This is some nice work!! As I scrolled down thinking of comments on each build they got better and better in my head. Now with the Vette fresh in my mind I am blown away. That interior looks so real! And the engine, wow! better than any Corvette I have ever built for sure. Nice work and great year with that kind of Quality.

Not nearly as many as I would have like to have finished mostly because life got in the way, but also because of the L88 build which has taken nearly all year so far. Here is what I have so far. Only three total completions this year...

chassis9_zps2faf4afb.jpg

I'll take quality over quantity any day of the year. These are some spectacular builds! Also, as a 'Vette freak, I wanted to commend you on getting the chassis colors right. Most people aren't aware that the bottom of the interior section was raw, unpainted fiberglass, even though there are tons of reference pics out there. One of our members (Custom Mike) even posted pics of his 1:1 '67 after restoration, and it's a virtual bonanza for those who want to get suspension component and chassis details correct.

Congratulations again on each of these builds. Can't wait to see what you create in 2015.

I'll take quality over quantity any day of the year. These are some spectacular builds! Also, as a 'Vette freak, I wanted to commend you on getting the chassis colors right. Most people aren't aware that the bottom of the interior section was raw, unpainted fiberglass, even though there are tons of reference pics out there. One of our members (Custom Mike) even posted pics of his 1:1 '67 after restoration, and it's a virtual bonanza for those who want to get suspension component and chassis details correct.

Congratulations again on each of these builds. Can't wait to see what you create in 2015.

Thanks Monty! I have the help of several 1:1 owners who help me with originality etc. One of them is giving me a hard time because he doesn`t like the shade of the tie-rod ends. :D :D But, as best I can tell from pictures of the real car, it is close.

I`m not sure I`ll undertake another one of these without the sidepipes. The kit only comes with the parts for the sidepipes, so everything from the exhaust manifolds to the tailpipe ends had to be fabricated. It was fun trying to bend everything and have everything line up perfectly and mate up with the tailpipe ends that must go through the center of the outlet in the body. And those bends right over the rear leaf springs are tighter and more complicated then they look.