Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 71 Ranger Pickup

Daf57

We at CTM have received our production sample today. As we have bulit the MENG's Ford F350 last year (see http://www.liaznavzdy.cz/nedtrans/f350gal.php ) we feel confident to compare these kits in terms of details and quality.

Although the MENG's ford is really a state of the art kit (beautiful sharp details, one piece cab shell) and we thought this is going to be the best in ths range for the next few years we really need to say that the Moebius new Ford Ranger is of the same quality or even better than - I love the dash and the seat details... the single piece cab has a great sharp details and the rubber tires are one of the best ones I have ever seen on a small 1/25 car... and I love the retro box...!!

Our compliments! I cant have to put my hands on it!

Well done Dave and the team!

Best regards

Jan

CTM

MCG is very much in business--they were at NNL East, showed test shots of a number of new PE detail sets there.

Art

I kinda figured by their website (Last updated in 2012) that they had either called it quits or slowed down. What other sets are they working on and does someone have pictures?

I already built a nice one, so...

11037218_840913375964321_901666319014654

Nice ol' beater truck, Chuck. How many advance kits do you have? The rest of us are still awaiting its' release, and you have already built TWO of them! Edited by thatz4u

Chuck is one lucky guy i say, but we will all have our chance with this kit. Recently i have noticed an early 70s f350 dump truck on a local farm road i travel every day on the way to work its pretty weathered looking but changes position every day so it must still run or the owner gets bored and pushes it, may have to stop and get pictures one day and use this kit to build it.

Speaking of Ford pickups of this era..saw one today in traffic that would be a fun way to do a kit--it was a well worn, faded light blue '68-69 longbed towing a yard service trailer...46-47 years old and still on the job!

Edited by Rob Hall