Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 71 Ranger Pickup

Daf57

Is it mandatory to use the side spears? I want to build a custom not a Ranger. Does Anyone have any Ideas on how to lower the front I Beams?

The thin, narrower chrome spear you are wanting for the Custom version are molded into the body. It was figured, early-on in this project that those thin chrome spears would make a perfect alignment ridge for mounting the XLT's wider, plated chrome trim.

Art

The thin, narrower chrome spear you are wanting for the Custom version are molded into the body. It was figured, early-on in this project that those thin chrome spears would make a perfect alignment ridge for mounting the XLT's wider, plated chrome trim.

Art

Now, that's what I call, clever engineering.

Is it mandatory to use the side spears? I want to build a custom not a Ranger. Does Anyone have any Ideas on how to lower the front I Beams?

Dropped spindles and or dropped I beams.

014-vi.jpg

Mike's is correct, it does come with two set of wheels. Open steel wheels with separate spoke wheel covers and the 5 spoke mags wheels. I guess you could leave the wheel covers off and have a third choice.

Steve

Wheelcovers on a steel wheel. So we get to choose whether to use them, or not. Not just a cover & wheel in one.

What a concept!

I love this country!

Art

Keep in mind the 71 Ranger kit only includes the deluxe interior parts and the XLT tailgate trim so you would still have to do some modifications or kit bashing with the 69 Shortbed to do a correct lesser trim model.

Steve

EVERYTHING on this kit fits great- other than the separate side spears, but even those fit pretty well without any real positive means of location.

The chrome separate side body trim locates over the small body trim molded to the body. The test shots I saw it worked VERY well.

SteveG may be able to explain better.

The chrome separate side body trim locates over the small body trim molded to the body. The test shots I saw it worked VERY well.

SteveG may be able to explain better.

Pretty sure considering Chuck already BUILT the kit - it'd be that yellow one - he can speak about what fits and what doesn't...

Pretty sure considering Chuck already BUILT the kit - it'd be that yellow one - he can speak about what fits and what doesn't...

I too built the kit.....Gen2 test shot. I'll need to pull it from the pile....but my notes said trim fit nicely on my version. Maybe things changed.

Yeah- fit pretty well, just to be clear. B) It is possible to mount it a little less-than-level if you're not careful, but just keep an eye on it and you'll be fine. I'd suggest adding it after the cab and bed are mounted to the chassis to guarantee the cab and bed trim is lined up.

I noticed that the decal sheet has the '72 scripts for the bedside. Is anyone planning on making PE sets for all the script variations? (Explorer, Ranger- NOT XLT-, Custom, cab badges for CC, Camper Special)

Yeah- fit pretty well, just to be clear. B) It is possible to mount it a little less-than-level if you're not careful, but just keep an eye on it and you'll be fine. I'd suggest adding it after the cab and bed are mounted to the chassis to guarantee the cab and bed trim is lined up.

I'd agree with that!!! :D