Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 56 Ford F-100-Now Under Glass-01/02

Joe I had to get a spray booth that I could vent through my window a couple years ago and it has paid off. I just close off my model room door open the window and use a 24" box window fan with the spray booth fan and my wife with her vey sensitive smelling can't tell when I'm spraying. I have the spray booth mounted on a cart with wheels so i can move it around when I'm not using it. I used to store it in my closet but my stash took it over and it don't fit any more.

Dan: The way things are looking, I'll probably get pushed out to the garage at some point. We are in the process of adopting a child and will need the spare bedroom in the foreseeable future. I'm sure out there it's not going to make much difference. lol. Till then I may have to come up with something to work out.

Carl: Thanks buddy. So far it's looking like that's the ticket for worn tires for me.

I spent a lot of the afternoon yesterday (while I was working around the house) daydreaming up ideas to get the wheels mounted up on the axles and finally got it. I have a piece of brass tubing that's going to fit perfect inside the front wheel center hole(after I cut the tubing to fit the width , they'll ride perfectly on the front axle spindles) and ended up JB welding some washers to the rear brake backing plates to space the rear tires out just enough to clear the springs (took too much off of the rear diff) and not be seen.

Here's a mock up so far. ( So far I'm happy with it)

FSCN0002_zpse7wtvmy4.jpg

FSCN0001_zpstvbs23vp.jpg

FSCN0004_zpsj0euumzu.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

Pat: Gosh I don't know. I'll have to get the micrometer out to measure but it's in my pin vise set.

Tim: Yeah I plan on making them to where they open up. Will have to do a lot of clean up but I should be able to make 'em work and look presentable. And yes....plan out like this takes me in the upwards of 6 months to plan and build sometimes. :o

Thanks Dan!!

Thanks fellas! I wished the picture would have turned out a little more clear but I was in a hurry this morning to get ready for work as I had already busted the time limit by 5 minutes and was into the "get ready for work" time. I'll probably put a more clear pic on here later.

Edited by mustang1989

I'm really starting to get the hang of this whole alclad thing and I'm freekin' loving it!!! I also have the brass rod section in the center of the front wheels to take up the extra "slack". Now I'm waiting on the IPMS show next weekend in Houston to hopefully obtain some disc brake sets with the caliper and rotor. Do you guys think they will have anything there related to this?

The rear wheels are painted!!! I'm happy!!!! sSig_Muahaha_zps56835599.gif

FSCN0021_zpsaegcjjfa.jpg

and the product of the planning and suspension re-work so far.....(I've been just waitin' for the opportunity to do this)

FSCN0030_zps8upvafef.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

I primered with Tamiya gray and then the MM Gloss Black , let gas out for a few days and then a very thin layer of alclad. No clear. I buffed out the alclad with a polishing cloth.

I'm sure there are those out there that would use the clear but I'm not seeing a reason to use it. I recently got turned on to this chrome stuff called Spaz stix. This stuff looks to be the bomb.

Edited by mustang1989