Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Did some new tires for my Silverado project, AT44's and i did a mockup in the cad program how it might look. I hope its ok to post a digital truck mockup of a project.
  3. My brother had a 73 cb500 thayblooked like a beater but was a great bike. After he had an electronic ignition put on it it was never a problem after that. Even sat outside winters here in MI. I scared my budy on that one day taking him home. I was going to fast at 85. We were 15, no license at the time oops. He picked up a 74 or 75 CB750 that was a creampuff when he purchased it around 1990. Didnt even have 10,000 miles on it. Another great bike. That had way more power than the 500.
  4. On my 1976 Cutlass I used spray foam and news paper on the lower rear quarters where it meets the trunk pan. Worked great for the 3 years I drove it. No more wet trunk.
  5. Today
  6. Yes, Michael, I was aware of the diecast connection. I have wondered about the significance of that. When you see DDA diecast in a hobby shop, they look pretty good but they are all painted nice and shiny and you are seeing them inside a box generally. They also have a bit of a Jada D rods look about them as well which is probably quite acceptable to a diecast collector. I guess what I am hoping is that DDA will be more fussy about their diecast moulds so that, in turn, the plastic models are more accurate! Cheers Alan
  7. Thank you Thanks Mike! I belive i got the stance just right for my taste, i hope my friend enjoy Thank you Roger! I got a detailing spray yesterday so i could make the last clean and ad some final shine, i belive it payed of! Thanks Dan! I planed on having it solid red but the tamiya Laquer i bought was more like a metalic collor, i like how it looks though.
  8. What a beauty, Pierre! The wheels just complete it. Everything looks just right--weathering--all of it. Excellent work, my friend!
  9. That's neat, Jim! I have one of them, but I don't recall which one, of the top of my head. Bernard Kron did one as a 1/25 scale (I think) 'liner. It's on the board, here, somewhere. Nice work!
  10. I like them too, I'm just not so sure I like it $106 worth. One has to hope that's a misprint, even with 80 or so more parts than the "antique" Fendt that doesn't justify the 225% price increase - my LHS sells the earlier kit for less than $35.
  11. Much like several other "open top" kits ICM has done there will be two releases of this at the same time. The one we've been discussing here appears to be the one that will actually include the "up top". Be sure you know which one you're purchasing if that option specifically matters to you, otherwise you're getting specifically a convertible.
  12. I think Jaimoe is the only original member surviving. Never got to meet Dickey unfortunately, drank a couple beers with Gregg Allman at Bike Week in Daytona Beach years ago. Next to the Grateful Dead, the Allman Brothers is my 2nd favorite band.
  13. Looks like Hobby Link Japan has already presold their allotment. I've got two kits on pre-order through them and 2 more from another source. I suspect this will be a good selling kit.
  14. Now the interior. The Classic's side panels seemed best, except I liked some of the details on the Revel Cabriolet better. Solution: graft the details onto the better panels. The Classic's seat bottoms are terrific, but the Revell Cabriolet's seat backs are the closest to the real thing out of the 3 kit choices. Again, graft them together.
  15. I am trying to assemble the parts necessary to create a 1:25 Galaxie 427 lightweight and need the dual quad manifold that will fit the '60 Starliner engine or maybe the intake setup from one of the Revell Thunderbolt kits. Another option is maybe the AMT '66 427 Fairlane engine. I have the Starliner engine but not the optional intake ( 2000 kit 😕. ) Just the manifold is fine. Thanks.
  16. Thanks for the kind words! Got to splice the chopped door posts from the classic body onto the Super's convertible body. Always better to cut and graft too much, then cut it down to size. Then a bit of grinding and sanding to blend it all in.
  17. Definitely sinister. All business looking. Great build.
  18. Has a great factory stock look to it. Nice work.
  19. Nice job. Cool-looking build.
  20. Nice-looking Olds. Nice build.
  1. Load more activity